For my fellow snow-goers interested, I have uploaded some pics from a BC trip in the Hakkoda range over the new year. We went with a guide. He was excellent. If you go to that area I would recommend you check out Simon. One of the pics below.

SerreChe_28.jpg

If he's lurking around, Plucky should be interested! ;\)

The picks look great SerreChe, myself and TP are aslo planing to go up there sometime next month.

How much did you pay for the guide?

This is what me and the montoya`s ve been up to on Dec 30. \:D

My last day snowboarding for 2005.

tsondaboy_4.jpg

Hi Rach, it does get really cold up there. We were lucky when we went there as it was not too cold and the wind was tame. I think it was around -5 to -10 at the bottom of the gondola and probably around -15 to -20 at the top without taking the windchill into account. The killer is the wind which can be very very strong there. So I think that on a cold day with strong winds, taking into account the windchill factor then you can probably easily go below -30 C. If the winds get too strong then they close the gondola. I think their threshhold is around 25m/s to close it. The result is this really nice looking frost everywhere!

Thanks, glad you guys liked the pics. Tsondaboy, will PM you some information then you can pass it on to TP. Should be pretty straight forward if you guys want to go there. Please note that the month of February does not get much sun up there on average statistically.