• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
I think it was a good brand it came in bottles too I think. I drink well in Canada in Japan I just save my money and buy sake most of the time
FT you've been here like 8 years
Drinking well in Canada doesn't count anymore

took this from the Niseko ski hire thread:

Quote:
Originally posted by Mudguts:

Far out! Aussie invasion at Niseko this season! Is there enough beer in stock in Niseko? There better be otherwise there could be trouble.

yup, drunk aussies and a lack of @ss to hit on, lets just drink more and fight!! :p

This is directed at nobody in particular, but why would you wanna go on a ski trip and get drunk? Guess Im missing the point... confused.gif

i saw fights and some `after evidence` that some dude took a slash at tha bar.

What you`ve got to remember is we`re not talking about seasoned, hardcore snowbound travellers here. The ones like you`d meet in say Fernie or Jackson Hole etc. We`re talking about average joes who have probably only been to the snow `hills` a cuppla handfuls of times. Which is why they need to ask "tha price of beer?", "can I rent ski wear?"...

They`ve obviously been sold on the promise of `champagne powder`, `cultural diversity`, blah,blah,blah. That and the fact that it`s so cheap and easy to access, why wouldn`t they wanna go?

I would like to know what percentage of peeps headed to Niseko this year, is their first time out of their own country for a snow-trip?? confused.gif

A rather unfortunate aspect of Aussie culture at times is getting aggressive when out drinking socially. Aussies in close proximity plus beer plus a lack of babes=fights. I think I may go to Hakuba this year.

Mudguts:

>A rather unfortunate aspect of Aussie culture at times is getting aggressive when out drinking socially. Aussies in close proximity plus beer plus a lack of babes=fights. I think I may go to Hakuba this year.

This is not just Aussies Mudguts. My first drink in a London pub recently I met an angry Englishman wanting to punch my head in. I have mates who had the same thing happen in the States and Canada. Must be a "white male" phenomenon?

Despite this I am staying away from Niseko this season and have been doing so for the past 4 years.