• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Number 9, I think there are more Aussies on working holi visas in Niseko than there used to be. This is due to the "don't need to be able to speak any Japanese" attitude of the Aussie tour companies over there. However, it is never going to be as easy as rocking up to Whistler and finding a place to stay and a job. Come on, this is Japan.

These tour companies really operate in their own little "snow world", mostly outside the local community, so they feel they do not "need" people with Japanese language and cultural skills. There is even great rivalry between these tour companies and some companies stipulate that you must NOT talk to others working at other tour companies. How is that!

All the restaurants now have English menus and the waiters/waitresses have learned to understand enough English to understand Aussie yobs order "MORE" beers.

Years ago there was only one Aussie in Niseko ... and his name was Fatty!

PF is entitled to this opinion. His calling of people "snobs" though is interesting. If you call people snobs, then I guess it means you probably think of yourself as a tolerant, cool, laid-back kind of guy. If that is the case, then I guess it means you think of yourself as a better person. But if the above is true, then could it possibly mean you are arrogant and a snob yourself? Just food for thoughts. \:\)

Personally, rather than making qualitative judgements about people and things using strong words, I would rather point out certain facts and let people make their own judgements.

For Niseko, my advice would be to go there and judge by yourself.

As for people on this forum, they are very diverse and even if I do not agree with somebody's opinion on this forum, I am still very pleased to hear their side of the story. I do not knock them down. 3 posts on this forum might be a bit short as well to make such such sweeping statements.

...and we know that sweeping statements is equivalent to painting everybody with the same brush which is inherently not necessarily fair no?