• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gamera:

Never too old mate. ;\)

Went over too Nagano today to look at studless tyres. Cheapest were 8man with foils incl. OUCH!!

Stopped off in Ogawa on the way abck to look at swimming lessons for the kids. They've got a really nice pool there.

misorano - i thought happo didn't have a season pass? can anyone advise please?

i'm having major difficulties deciding myself. was thinking of going to norikura this year but after a drive up there yesterday from matsumoto, there is NO way i'm doing that drive every day over winter. it's long, windy & my little car would not appreciate the workout.

Quote:
Originally posted by dizzy:
FT:
where do you get the Tsugaike Pass? I looked on their website, but there's no winter info on it yet...and it doesn't look like liftken.com offers season passes, just one-day discount tickets.
Dizzy, dont think its out yet mate...wait till October - which is when it came out last year I believe.
  • 1 month later...

I bought my season pass last Monday for 41,000 yen at Zao Eboshi. They gave me discount for being a 'regular'...I am happy. I will be hitting up Fukushima, Niseko, Hachimantai, a few places in gifu and maybe heading to meet gamera in person this season. I'm going end the season by visitinng as many places as my wife let's me b/f the move back to Hawaii..

mmm, I hope to buy a Nozawa season pass again, still waiting for the new mob to update the website, haven't got anything in the mail yet which I'm a bit dissapointed with but I spoze they have their hands full at the moment with change of ownership etc.

Not good for everyone, but there's also this:

http://www.snowbirds.jp/

63000yen for 8 resorts... on 47's website its called the "Super Season pass", but hasn't been included in this seasons list yet.... quite a weird selection though, but can give you a few more options if you're in the right area of Japan... basically its an extra 5000 on top of a regular 47 pass, so not too bad IF of course you can make use of it.

I'm an hour from some of the smaller resorts, but will be making the longer drive to Hakuba for (hopefully) about 20 days, so it kinda makes sense... but seeing as I AM going to win one of those all-nagano passes, won't be needing it hehehe...

Quote:
Originally posted by big-will:
Strange collection indeed that...
If it's a Hakuba resort pass which works all ski slopes in Hakuba area, it's much more attractive with that price though.
wakaranai.gif

on the topic of season passes and the Nagano snowlove pass, does anyone actually know of anyone who has gotten this pass? I hate to be a skeptic but I was just wondering how fair this cometition actually is i.e. if the passes go to the organizers friends and/or they don't give it to foriegners

I'm still going to try my luck again this year, I'm just interested to know that's all.

gamera: The snowbirds only includes 47/goryu, not all the hakuba resorts...

As for the Happy7 pass, I ended up at some kind of "expo" in osaka over the weekend where they were selling gear and had booths for a lot of resorts... Anyway was surprised to see that they were still taking registrations for Happy7, even though it was supposedly going to be drawn on saturday...

Otherwise not the most interesting event - but maybe I am biased cos they didn't have many gloves, which is all I wanted.... g/f got a cheapish jacket and won a day pass though... and you can also buy a few discounted lift tickets. It will be moving on to nagoya and tokyo though:

http://www.jsbc.jp/