Quote:
Originally posted by Bushpig:
CB, this time I'll make sure I have some shots left on the film for that hamster-in-a-bucket shot! lol.gif
that really was unfortunate that you had just clicked the last shot on us comin down in the pow. One shot of me in the creek woulda been as classic as that shot of Ian aka Crash that I have ;\) \:D

(decided to put this here instead of the swimmin thread) you and Taz both have pretty bad sinus systems. my allergies have been pretty bad the last 7-10 days now \:\(
But feel great after swimming. Maybe I was a dolphin in a previous life \:\)
  • Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fattwins

• mattlucas

• Yuki's Passion

• bushpig

sick of JBT TSB? Gets overplayed in Aus?

I dont listen to the radio at home and only occasionally at work with internet radio so nothing is overplayed cuz I wanna hear it \:\)

Would love to see them live!

Ben Harper is playing tonight in Osaka but I dont have tixs \:\(

cb no kahunsho here for me so far im in freaking bloody heaven. as for a picture at the time i thought you might be upside down and dying so no pics for you.

toque the cd has not been sent i dont know why i keep forgeting ill get on it.

cool cb just wondering.

toque please explain to ebc the facts about the binding switch. I tried to explain it to her but i just got frustrated. (ie shuskan-volkl-freeride swap)

ebc please search for deals and contact the mtlion at tgr. sorry babe but you will never land a switch bc jump so your need for a fat twin isnt that great. i know its a good deal (not great) but you want this as well.

sleeping bag

pad

boots

bindings and skins.

crampons (maybe)

skis

a big enough pack

safty gear so that means taking dave 2 day course at least and buying a snow testing kit.

PS toque you are gonna need one back home.

etc

if you start dropping money on all the latest and newest gear ebc you wont have enough to buy the other things that you need. try to search for deals on good used gear first. Also you dont need garmonts and if you are worried about how a touring binding feels while sking then girl you need to ski more. It takes a good skier 1 to 2 runs to adjust to the non canted ride.

> Also you dont need garmonts and if you are worried about how a touring binding feels while sking then girl you need to ski more. It takes a good skier 1 to 2 runs to adjust to the non canted ride.

Yeah, thats true. Bushy and I were at Happo the first day I rode mine and it was...well I felt like a beginner on em. Found it hardest on flat terrain and easier when skiing steeper terrain. But still took some time getting used to them. Im only gonna use those at my schools ski trip this upcoming season just to be completely used to them again. Once you get in the powpow its all good though.

Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
sorry babe but you will never land a switch bc jump so your need for a fat twin isnt that great.
yo dude what do you think i'm in this for?! i'm 24..... have a LOT of skiing to do and a lot of places to do it...... anyway nz has parks, i have twintips...... we'll see what i do there ;\) never say never, cause i'll do it lol

not trashing you girl but first you gotta learn to straight air. Im trying to give you some hard hitting advice. write down everything that you need to buy next season, lets make it need not want. then lets look at what it is going to cost to buy what you need. PS at 24 i can bet you one thing if you havent landed a big kicker switch by now you more than likely will never do it. fear starts to play big he older you get.

ps i owe you money so drop by today ill be out the back working. i dont think that ill yak today as there was not enough rain. i will consider going for a blade if you want to go at around 6ish.

nope i'm definitely getting less and less scared of stuff... believe me

i didn't try hard enough to land a big kicker switch this season... i went to the park about 4 times all year

rollerblading, did i hear you say? OHHHH YES!

I gotta agree with EBC on the jump thing FT. While I admit that younguns go harder with less fear, I know that in my case, the more I have practiced jumping the more confident (and able to handle) bigger kickers I have become. For me the fear factor dropped away with the ability and confidence in my ability. Not saying that I can handle the really big kickers, but I can certainly go some decent sized ones.