I need a 3 day weather forcast for Toyama. Help me please

Where and when is the typhoon going hit.

Somebody give me a link to their favorite and most trusted weather site please.

Thinking of buggering out on work as I have no classes this week (mid-terms).

I need a much more optomistic forcast than that

Yahoo is calling for cloud tomorrow afternoon and sticking around for the rest of the week. No rain but cloud sucks.

I guess we were above the clouds on sunday but...

This is great. So many sites that I have never found looking on google. Only thing is that they all say rain on wed.

So my plan is just for a day trip I think.

Tomorrow up at 330 and hopefully skiing by 730 or 8.

Get one last day in the Tateyama. That's what I say now at least. But seems that most of my weekends are taken on other projects

11 - Norikura

18/19 - Hotaka, Karasawa

25/26 - Pallet party

2/3 - Maybe last weekend skiing in the Karasawa

I want to ski the dream line. The crux is a bit narrow though. Gonna hike up it from the bottom. And then after I get that skin over and ski some lines closer to the bus station

Nice you cant wait to get that line eh.

Was busy Saturday nite dude. Got eaten by bugs a a leach sucked on me.

Went to town buying kayaking gear at 50 to 60% off of retail. got a full wetsuit for 50 bucks new.

in between my toes dude. And this bug called buuo sucks poo. You might know it or your staff knows it. its small and freaking vicious mate.

Next time I order ill give you a heads up, mostly kayaking stuff but also shells and wind wear.

Thanks for your help everybody. I did get out and as GG says above I did get up at 3:30 and was on the snow at 8:30 and summiting at 10:30

I skied this cool line. I climbed up the middle to make sure it was skiable as there were doubts that it was. At it's skinniest it was 2-3 metres wide and the entire couloir was about 40-50 degrees.

I have wanted this line since I spotted it just over a month ago. And I'm happy that I skied it. This picture was taken 3 days ago on Sunday June 5th so it hasn't changed so much.

From the top of the snow to the bottom of the couloir it is about 500 metres vertical.

blpic41815.jpg

Yes I did

I felt I could do it safely on my own. The entire time I had cell service and even emailed Fattwins a couple times. Real wilderness experience eh :rolleyes: . But I guess a lot of good a cell would do if I were unconsious.

To climb up it I had to use iceaxe, crampons and a rock helmet for safety.

I don't have Paint

But here is another pic from Golden Week. Maybe easier to tell which line it is. Main snow line coming from lookers right of the knob on top down into the S-Curve.

blpic41827.jpg

here is how I figure that he skied it and got in.

red in

yellow down

blpic41828.jpg

Ill say that we did have much debate about whether that line was skiable. I was on the no side and then I was on the fence. I thought the crux had more problems then it did. After much talking I said that I would ski it if I climbed it, next year. Toque couldnt wait and bagged it next year.

As for Toque doing it alone.... You are never alone at Tateyama. people no doubt watched him ski the the line. Also I knew were he was and I kept in contact with him most of the day. he mailed me on da way out and on the way down.

You are really going for it this year eh toque.

Quote:
Originally posted by Toque:
That is the line except I only skied out as far as the red.
Fun fun fun. Can't wait to get some more hairy ones like that next year.
thats what I was wondering, where you skied after the red. Cheers Toque. Sweet line mate!