Nagoid

Is the Pope Catholic? Is a zebra striped?

Snow withdrawl is akin to niccotine withdrawl. Life is almost unbearably miserable without it. And matters are not helped when I hear that NZed and Oz have had a good start to the season already - is that right Raury? Go on, make us all feel very jealous...

but when all is said and done, it makes that first day out at the beginning of the season just that much more sweet....and I, for one, can't wait.

belle

we are all here with ya nagoid...

the first step is admitting you have a problem...I'll start off...

My name is danz, and I am addicted to skiing...

really don't know what to do with myself these days...world cup has helped a bit...

danz

ditto the jealously about the Southern snow season. I went home to NZ last year and got 5 days in which was the perfect answer to the evils of summer. Can't go this year so I'm just going to have to concentrate on saving for December. Seems so far away but when autumn comes I get happy in anticipation.

Agreed belle.

It does make the first part of the season that extra bit special.

But it sure is hard around this time.

Not so long now.

Yeah, and the last 2 of those are ok coz we have it all to look forward to - the anticipation. Once July, August and September are over, that's the best time....

It's that reluctant acceptance stage right now. The season that's finished seems a long way back, and with the heat and wet sticky weather right now the next season seems just as far off.

If that makes sense.

frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be getting out of this place fairly soon for sunny england. Come back and it's nearly September and things look better from then on. Just a bit of gaman for now.

They say the hours before the dawn are darkest...

It all gets a bit excruciating when the shops start getting out the snowboard displays, and you squint at the distant mountains and wonder ... is that snow ... or just frost?

• 2 weeks later...

By the time I get bac to Japan, it'll be almost September and we'll be able to start really thinking about colder times. Yipee!