I seem to spend more time on the Goryu side, but I was wondering if that was the norm or not? What about all you other guys and gals that have been to those resorts?

I haven't been to the places too much but they seemed decent. We spend most of our time over on the Goryu side.

Can't say I've ever noticed a difference in the snow between them. I've been loads of times, but I'll look for it next season. The bottom of 47 is in the shade, which is maybe why it gets so icy. However, I normally just ride the 47 quad, so it's no big deal for me.

The Goryu mogul runs (Adventure and Champions courses) are fun when there's lots of powder on them. Mos Burger and Haagen Daaz are worth a shout as well.

Iwent to Niseko last christmas and new year for 2 and a half weeks and although i had some good boarding I was a bit disappointed. The famous off piste bits like Strawberries were good but VERY short with long flat run outs. Tetsus was kind of crap and flat. The summit run was great but theres just as good out of bounds runs at goryu/47 that don't require a 15 minute hike.

Hakuba 47/Goryu definitely has better off piste. Longer, steeper, better terrain and more of it. The backcountry at Hakuba also rules.

I'm expecting some flames on this one!

I don't think you will get too many flames Matt. Most people know about Niseko, and the fact that it is hyped up beyond reality.

My fave places are on Honshu - and oh so many to choose from too.