After reading thier posts it got me thinking. What would you do?

snowboard_freak & freakess I hope this helps you out in your decision in some way.

Quote:
Originally posted by snowboard_freaks_girl:
It must be pretty handy to be able to download ur pics and re-use ur memory card in ya camera yea??
That's why I have three 32MB memory cards and take photos at normal grade. Works out to 75 or so photos per card! Any more than that and you are taking too many photos and not doing enough riding!!! (Even this number is way too many!)

Sure it would be nice to have the puter, but when you sit in front of one for 8 hours a day at work(a PC at that) and then go home check the net hordes on your home TiBook, then leaving the computer at home is not hard. Perhaps you could liken it to having little kids. All day everyday is too much, but if you can get away for a while then you start to really look forward to getting back to seeing them.

Another option for you is to get yourself a free web site and load things through one of the puter's up at Niseko to the site if space on cards is going to be a problem. Yahoo, .Mac...I am sure there are others.
 Quote:
Originally posted by Ocean11:
I think I'm going to avoid looking at this thread anymore. It's giving me a headache.

confused.gif
That's awfully un-five-star-memberish of you Ocean!

Damn, I looked again by mistake!

Another thought; a skier friend of mine cracked a rib when he skied into a wall of what he thought might be powder snow for a laugh. It wasn't though, it was concrete snow, and his camera broke his rib and his rib broke his camera. He also broke his cheek bone too (and enjoyed the exquisite experience of having a balloon inserted through his nose and blown up inside his cheek, but that's another story).

Isn't carrying a camera something of an invitation to quite painful injury? (I know you see some skiers carrying their children, but that too is another story eek.gif )

good point ocean..

I suppose I would spend alot of time trying to not fall on a rock or tree branch. If one carries a camera then one is pretty much wearing their own personal ready-to-fall-on rock. Doesnt make sense.

Try carrying an asthma inhaler in a cargo pocket on your ski/board pants! BTW, the inhaler don't break mad.gif

If carrying camera's close to the important extremly ouchy parts of ones body is not your thing, wrap it all up in a fleece scarf or hat and put in the pack. Nice and snug in there. Just pray you don't fall backward. If you do make sure it isn't a tree you fall back first against and that there is a shovel in the shovel pocket so you break the tree and not ya back. (Yes, speaking from experience.)

I swear that tree moved before I jumped.... \:D

I don't see anything wrong with them bringing the laptop with them to copy the pics off of the camera. It's not like they won't ever be in the room. I think it may be quite expensive and time consiuming to try to email home digital video over a dial up connection though.

enderzero, you to the right idea!

The stacking with a camera, well....

i donno but i bout anyone else but i havent fallen on my tits yet!

i have stacked hard on my ass! and a bit on my knees and used my arms to break a fall (hence the reason i wear wristies)

using a pack is a good idea mogski, you have the right idea as well!

but unfortualty i cant afford anymore than one 8mb card! so i think i'll have to take my puter with me cause that way i can just deal with them ova there, it woould be kinda nice to c what you have snapped thru the day....

even if i dont send them home!

As for the website idea thats a good thought but will the Internet cafes let you connect up a dv camera to their computers??

are all the puters in the cafes in japanese??

Cheers guys,

More off topic than on, actually largely off topic, but it is related and there is nothing like a little humour break might now and then.

Got this in the mail today. Excuse if it is old.

Cars and Computers

For everyone who owns a computer and a car you

will love this.

For all of us who feel only the deepest love and affection for the way computers have enhanced our lives:

At a recent computer exposition (COMDEX), Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated "If General

Motors had kept up with the technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25.00 cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon."

In response to Bill's comments, GM issued a press release stating: "If General Motors had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics:

1. For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash twice a day.

2. Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to buy a new car.

3. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You would have to pull over to the side of the road, close all of the windows, shut off the car, restart it, and reopen the windows

before you could continue. For some reason, you would simply accept this.

4. Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.

5. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable, five times as fast and

twice as easy to drive -- but would run on only five percent of the roads.

6. The oil, water temperature, and alternator warning lights would all be replaced by a single "General Protection Fault" warning light.

7. The airbag system would ask "are you sure?" before deploying.

8. Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your

car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key and grabbed hold of the radio antenna.

9. Every time GM introduced a new car, car buyers would have to learn to drive all over again cause none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.

10. You'd have to press the "Start" button to turn the engine off.

You wont have time in Niseko..three new bars this year....lots of powder...you shouldnt have enough time to sleep....

computers are for offices skis and boards are for mountains

If you send stuff home theyll just resent you anyway...

best to just enjoy the snow.....

see you in Niseko

oh there is nowhere to connect your laptop....Niseko doesnt even have bank machines...the nearest place to get cash on a credit card is Sapporo....

mmm...

I just won a backpack thats a STM laptop back pak, wen its on u cant even tell theres a lappy in there my (our) laptops are soo light its not a hassle to even take it with us...

so i think that i need to use the $119 bag i just won (online), and take the lappy with me...

simple as that.