The FOOTBALL Thread (2014-2015)

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First big test for ManYoo next week against Chelsea. 1am kickoff, but it's after Newcastle so I might still be up. Tottingham away for us, so we'll probably get shafted.

The broader picture shows that they have only one point more on the board than they did at the same stage last season, by which point David Moyes had come up against Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester City.

Van Gaal, in contrast, could hardly have wished for a more benign start to the season. The serious business is about to begin. United face Chelsea, Manchester City and Arsenal in three of their next four games and there will need to be a major improvement in their defending if they are to come through that run unscathed.

Serious business indeed! (expect for Arsenal, of course!)

There were so many positive signs with Moyes, weren't there. United consistently improvedduring his reign, with the team 'jellying' and morale on the up.

He made those magnificent signings too, with other top talent lining up to join him.

It was all looking like it was coming together, when the rug was jolly well pulled from under him.

:grandpa:

Quite why, ....well it's all jolly confusing.

Like the 150 million pounds worth of signings LVG has made? 1 pt better off than under Moyes, despite Man U still to play Chelsea, Arsenal and another of the big teams that they had already played at the same time last season. People were calling for Moyes' dismissal this time last year, but not Van Gaal's?

I still think Van Gaal will get them there, he's a good coach, great track record.....but same problems as moyes at the mo.

He made those magnificent signings too, with other top talent lining up to join him.

I don't know if they are top talent, but Moyes lined up Herrera and Luke Shaw, who they signed after sacking him.

From the bids in the summer after Moyes joined, it appears that his main target though was Fabregas.