The FOOTBALL Thread (2014-2015)

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Japan could ever score a goal they'd be dangerous.

Also, thinking that they can win crosses against a team that towers over them in stature is naïve to say the least. Yet they keep trying.

Bloody idiots.

Well Snowjunky - not the best start to defending our Title ??

If you can tell me a good reason why Liam Miller is a paid member of that squad (and moreover is in the starting Xl) you are a wiser man than I !! :doh:

It is the very same person.

Well I wouldn't say he's playing as such but he is obviously under contract at the Roar.

There isn't a forward/attacking bone in his body and his modus operandi is clearly "run and hide where it looks like I'm playing a defensive covering role and if I am unfortunate enough to have someone pass to me take no more than 2 touches before playing it in a nice, safe, backwards direction to a team mate sitting deeper than me so that my "retained possession" stats look good.

Bloody useless !!

Well Snowjunky - not the best start to defending our Title ??

If you can tell me a good reason why Liam Miller is a paid member of that squad (and moreover is in the starting Xl) you are a wiser man than I !! :doh:

Well, a win would have been a better result but then so would have Ben (look at me i am the most important dude out here) Williams taking a walk off the Kangaroo Point Cliffs.

What a knob - I think that's the 3rd or fourth time he has sent McKay off over the years. having said that Matty can be a bit Gobby. Great player though.

Miller? Does a few good things but not enough and dissapears for long periods as you said.

The rest? - I am not too dissapointed in the result. Adelaide have some quality players and will definately be in the finals this comp.

Yes we did not play at our best but I saw enough to be encouraged about, particularly some of the passing in the second half.

What were your thoughts on Kurtishi?

I didn't comment on the ref 'cos (although Ben was clearly afflicted with a particularly chronic dose of ADHD which was exacerbated by his technical incompetence) the refereeing standard in A League is woeful anyway and crap referees are just a given.

My son played NPL and BPL the last 2 seasons and the refereeing there is unbelievable - genuine clowns who haven't a clue. My mate at the game on Sunday said that he thought Ben's performance was the worst he had ever seen at A League and I replied that I have probably been numbed by the BPL ref's.

Kurtishi?? Well I certainly didn't see anything that suggests other than he is pretty much crap. No Berisha-esque spark or flair, and clearly a bit slow and cumbersome. We definitely created more danger for Adelaide when Henrique came on.

Early days though...........