The FOOTBALL Thread (2014-2015)

Ah! Everton lose at home to Palace again. WTF! Drawing with Leicester and losing to Palace... these are the games we are supposed to win. I hate how inconsistent we are (and always have been really). Smashing Wolfsburg and losing to Palace in the same week? You're having a laugh!

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah! Everton lose at home to Palace again. WTF! Drawing with Leicester and losing to Palace... these are the games we are supposed to win. I hate how inconsistent we are (and always have been really). Smashing Wolfsburg and losing to Palace in the same week? You're having a laugh!

I didn't see the game but the report talks of individual errors, so maybe don't get too concerned. Spurs lost too, and there is a view that the constant Thurs-Sun of teams in the Europa League takes it out of your club, more so than CL where there are fewer games and the clubs have better backup players. Hull going out straight away was seen as a blessing by some.

Martinez had bad defensive record at Wigan, which relegated them. It'll be interesting to see if he can make the replacements required to keep up the standard of the established defence he inherited off Moyes. They've conceded 13 already this season. Even if you omit the Chelsea game, it's 7 in 4 games.

We are schizophrenic at the back since there was even a clean sheet in there too. There may have been individual errors that cost us but it seems like a theme this year is starting to develop. Maybe a bit too much marauding from both Baines and Coleman? We have 7 matches in 20 days so we better not be tired already from Europa!

Two derbies at the weekend, which at least guarantees big teams playing in the early game slot. Maybe time for Balotelli to make an impact, one way or the other.

Man U are coming to the end of their "easy start" and have W ham home before its Everton, Chelsea, Citeh, and Arsenal in the space of six games. Felliani is fit though!

Manager Louis van Gaal said Manchester United have only one senior centre-back available for Saturday's Premier League game against West Ham.

Marcos Rojo is fit, but Chris Smalling (leg), Phil Jones (hamstring) and Jonny Evans (ankle) are injured and Tyler Blackett is suspended.

Van Gaal said: "All three of my right-sided centre-halves are out, so I'll have to go to the youth system."