Nothing to do with over-priced American diners but rather, my plan to hit the slopes again this Friday. Looks like there might be a bit of fresh snow about, so I'm aiming at taking one of the cheap 'n' cheerful nightbuses from Shinjuku on Thursday night. The 6 million Yen question is, where should I go?? I'm not helping matters by wanting to go to a resort that I've never been to before, so looking at my trusty nightbus brochure, and in no particular order, I'm thinking of one of the following:-

1. Gran Deco;

2. Maiko;

3. Togari;

4. Adatara;

5. Madarao;

6. Myoko.

Any suggestions, preferences, ideas or good jokes would be gratefully received!

Cheers! :)

Well if u do go to Maiko, do urself a favour and save time and comfort and take the shink.

Only take the bus if u r heading out with a reasonable shink commute. Myoko would be my first choice if the snow has fallen, Madarao isn't a bad choice either and Togari could be ok if the snow was on

Adatara: No gondola this season, so no access to the best terrain.

Grandeco: Thinking of hitting there this weekend myself, BUT Saturday looks like very high winds there. Sunday would be better. (I may do somewhere else Saturday, GD on Sunday, if the weather forecast keeps up like this.)

Yep, Sunday for me! After hitting aizu last weekend, looking for a different place- anyone had any experience of Kuwaba? Isn't that Gunma Boarder's goto?

Also, take care on the night busses mate, that spill the other day was horrific. Made me think twice about taking them.

Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

Perhaps I should change my riding day to Monday?? That reminds, on the old site there was a really useful 7-day weather/snow forecast option on the Daily Reports but I can't see to find that on the new version - is that option no longer available??

Adatara: No gondola this season, so no access to the best terrain.

Grandeco: Thinking of hitting there this weekend myself, BUT Saturday looks like very high winds there. Sunday would be better. (I may do somewhere else Saturday, GD on Sunday, if the weather forecast keeps up like this.)

Ah, re-reading, you are talking about boarding on Friday, not taking the bus Friday night and boarding Saturday.

(Reading comprehension: what a beautiful thing.)

Wind doesn't look quite so harsh on Friday (at least it is yellow, not red...).

• SnowJapan Admin

The weather forecast information is presented with each (most) resort on the site.

Previously on SnowJapan - an edited (3.5 day) part of one bank of data was shown actually within the main resort page for about 250 resorts. The link from the Now page went to that resort page. The full data was not shown ON the resort page. You needed 3 clicks to see all of the data, which each appeared in a seperate popup.

Currently on SnowJapan - the complete data for about 400 resorts (lots more than before; 6 days forecast; top, mid, bottom) is shown together all on one page.

It is the Weather Info tab on each resort page:

http://www.snowjapan...uma/mt-granview

http://www.snowjapan...weather-reports

So more info is now shown all together on the one page which we think is much better.

It needs one more click than before - the click to go to Weather Info from the main resort page - but previously you needed more clicks to see the complete data and it was impossible to view it all together.

On the previous setup we were sucking in crazy huge volumes of third party data every time someone looked at a resort page - whether they were interested in weather or not. Quite a few resorts were getting tens of thousands of page views every day.

Not only did it take up space on the general page for a resort and we didn't think it was ideal....but data/bandwidth of such volumes costs quite a lot of money.

I suppose we could change the link to the 'resorts' on the Now pages directly to go to the weather page, but then again it might confuse people who are just wanting it to link into the main page for that resort.

I would have said Myoko or Madarao, they will both be great after a decent dump.

Looking forward to this weekend, new snow again. Snow is really coming down here now, around 5-8cm an hour at the moment, even if it turns to rain here it will be snow higher up so conditions should be good this weekend.

Thanks David! :thumbsup: I really should spend more time looking for things rather giving up after 10 seconds!! ;) Am now going to make a cup of tea and have a look at all of the forecasts! :D

Thanks for all the advice guys! :thumbsup:

Right, taking on board what's been said and looking at the forecasts, it looks as though the Fukushima resorts are going to be too windy, I'm now conjuring up a separate plan for the Paradise Alley resorts (which may involve something beginning with G!), which leaves Myoko, Madarao and Togari, costing 9,000, 7,800 and 7,400 respectively. Am leaning towards the middle option but will head over to my local Teco Plaza and see what's available!! :D

According to the Snow Japan Route Finder, 203.162 km! :lol: But I now have a cunning plan to visit Kagura on Monday or Tuesday in which case I'll just be down the road!! :D

In the meantime I'm going to make a final attempt to book something tomorrow for Friday, either by nightbus or shink!!

Remember that they might say there are no early tix left for the shink so u have to take a later train.....just accept then take the early train anyway and sit in unreserved seats

Have just found a seat on a Myoko-bound bus leaving at 11pm tonight!! 9,300Yen worth spending????? Looks like they've had a bit of snow up there too - decisions, decisions!