STAY HOME WHEN YOU ARE SICK!

All last week one of my co-workers was obviously very sick but refused to stay home (like hacking cough, pale as a ghost with beads of sweat on her forehead sick). Now, there are three more colleagues sick but still coming to work... I just started feeling a bit of a sore throat coming on. These mother****ers better believe they are covering for me tomorrow if I'm not feeling well.

:angry: /rant

So it just goes to show that what I have been telling Japanese people for years that wearing a mask wont help. When you see everyone wearing a mask and coughing. sneezing and whatever it is fairly obvious they don't work. I never wear a mask and rarely catch a cold either.

I think masks have the potential to work. That would require the user not to adjust, play with, pull it up and down, take it off every half hour... We all know that'll never happen.

There's a gaijin here who does all the Japanese stuff including mask. I must say I do snigger, I know it's childish.

Good grief, does he pluck his eyebrows and wear colour contacts too?

I once attempted to convince some of my coworkers of the mask futility. Had to lie down for a while after that.

Actually, I sometimes wear a mask at work... but that's only when I want to pretend to be sick the next day to get off work! ;)

BM to the boss..... "I can feel a low pressure system coming on".....cough cough..... :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Actually, I sometimes wear a mask at work... but that's only when I want to pretend to be sick the next day to get off work! ;)

BM to the boss..... "I can feel a low pressure system coming on".....cough cough..... :thumbsup:

Yes, that's pretty much how the conversation goes. Sometimes I think I'm a little too obvious about it... :)

Once I took a sickie to go on a boat cruise. I had my shades on all day and it was damn sunny.

The next day I arrived at work with a fresh tan except for the shades area.

Yeah, thats one of the problems with pulling sickies and spending the day outside. If you ever see me surfing with a ghost white face from sunscreen it's easy to deduce that I should have been at work that day!