NTT/Flets/OCN/Cashback... head explodes

Anyone recently had the fun experience of signing up for internet?

Bloody hecks. There's a cashback thing going on but they make it so bloody complicated, long winded and annoying that I reckon most people just give up.

You have to sign up for alll sorts of nonsense that you don't want, and then cancel them one by one..... often at different times (I can't cancel Hikari TV until November, for example).

I even have to receive a Hikari TV box (?) and then send it back. Even though I know I don't want it. Oh yes and I must pay at least 3150 yen for that. Though the bigger sum I get back in total makes it worth it.

So annoying. The front line people must spent more time than it's worth explaining to people how to cancel stuff.

It's just ridiculous.

:grandpa:

If you keep changing your internets every two years, you can get some tasty deals. Free Ipad etc. If your email is on your own domain, I guess it could be invisible to other people. Not that I can be bothered to do it myself. Smartphone peoples can get big discounts on au smartphones too if they use au internets. Au doesn't do internets round here, otherwise I'd get it.

We just signed up last week for new intwrnet and will get 5 man cash back.

I want the hikari TV so for me thats a good deal.

I know I have to cancel somethings I dont need within a month or so.

on the sign up form it states what services I have opted for and the assistant at the shop marked the ones we said we dont want and gave us the number plus web adfress so it is easy to cancel those and I still get my 5 man cash.

One thing if like us you want wifi in your house do like we did and by your own wifi router as the rental ones are shite and will be slow and not easy to get a good signal upstairs.

Ours cost just 7000yen and is dual channel so it will automatically switch to the strongest signal depending on what modem and operating system your computer is using.

I know I have to cancel somethings I dont need within a month or so.

on the sign up form it states what services I have opted for and the assistant at the shop marked the ones we said we dont want and gave us the number plus web adfress so it is easy to cancel those and I still get my 5 man cash.

Just think if they did away with all the faffing about with the signing up bollocks and explaining everything and exxlaining how to cancel etc.

It would save them work.

They absolutely do do all of that to increase the chances of people continuing and not cancelling.

It's pretty crafty and annoying.

Most people won't be bothered or perhaps even understand all of the kerfuffule and fannying about that is required.

To get my cashback, I need:

3 different phone calls, one this month to cancel about 4 NTT services that I had to sign up for but can cancel within a week, one in November and one in December;

Take receipt of a tuner that I know I don't want, and the people who send it know I don't want. Actually set the thing up to 'register' it. Then cancel it (in December). Pay 3150 yen for the shits and giggles involved.

Probably some other "fannying about".

As I said, it's just ridiculous. It'll be a 4 man or whatever it is well earned.

Oh yaaaa....! We went through all that back in the summer. My wife ..."the Dealstress" ... handled it all of course. We are definitely different people. I'm more of the "Make a buck" type while she's the "Save a nickel" type. Kinda drives me nuts actually... but in some cases like this hikari thing...it ends up being more than a nickel.

Top tip for SkyPerfect. If you are going to join any channel, do it on 1st of a month. That way you get the whole month for free.

If you do it on the last day of a month, you pay for the full following month.

They don't tell you that on the phone, the scoundrels.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I got my Hikari tv machine the other day.

Didn't open it as I am not going to use it.

Phoned up the shop to ask them whats next in this ridiculous game of wasting time.

He told me that he'd take care of it for me.

In a week someone will come to pick up this machine.

He told me to make sure I opened it to make it look like I had used it or tried to set it up once.

:wakaranai:

What a mad process.

I'll be able to get my 50000 yen back though for playing the game.

It is that.

The guy from takyubin just came to pick up the hikari gadget.

I opened it up and rustled the papers to make sure it looked like it was used just as the guy told me to.

:lol:

So much waste, things and peoples time.