SnowJapan Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mick Rich

Wanted: Winter Stoke!

So I've seen the trailers for the latest and greatest snowboarding movies, the adverts for this season's new gear, a first tracks video from Whistler Blackcomb and a couple of short movies at the Yokohama showing of the Banff Mountain Film Festival, but I've yet to feel to the urges that I normally get around this time of the year to hit the white stuff. In short, my winter stoke has gone for a burton! :sadface: Maybe it's the unseasonably warm weather we're experiencing or the lack of snow on Fujisan but something's up! Hell, the other weekend I even passed up the opportunity to check out the Kanda/Ochanomizu snowboard shops and went to a cafe instead! So if anyone has seen my stoke or has any suggestions as to where I might find it, could they please get in touch asap! :(

Still in Tokyo, sweating away here.

Hasn't the typhoon gone now?

Doesn't feel like autumns here, never mind run up to winter.

Wax your board/skis.

It always gets me excited packing my board bag in preparation for heading in the direction of snow.

In fact I have left the boys new boards on display in the lounge - makes me smile every time I walk past.

The forecast looks like snow on Fuji next week fwiw. I love autumn so I'm in no hurry myself.

I bought some new skiboots in 33 degree Bris-Vegas heat yesterday

I felt a stoke stirring after that.

I am wearing them right now

for stokeness

• Like 1

Now if only we can find that hall........

winter-stoke405.jpg

I love autumn so I'm in no hurry myself.

Me too.

In fact, I hope autumn is long and time slows down.

(Obviously I don't want a late start to winter).

In preparation for visits to the Golden Triangle resorts (Granview, Yeti & Sayama)

Ooh, we have a new category? "Golden Triangle."

Niseko.

Hakuba.

Golden Triangle.

Has a ring to it!

Sign in to follow this  

sjf2019l.png

About SnowJapan

SnowJapan.com is the independent guide to skiing and snowboarding in Japan and has been online since 1999.

SnowJapan.com covers the whole of Japan. We are here to introduce the world to unbiased, honest and detailed information about winter sports in Japan. We publish exclusive and in-depth and daily content throughout the winter season and we add new functionality and content to the site every year.

We are not here to promote any specific destinations or resorts, or to sell our readers any kind of products or services. We are not a travel agency and we do not own any ski resorts, ski schools, accommodations or other related businesses.

Latest Community Content