I've been watching fewer movies recently.

Some things that annoy me more and more:

- over dramatic onslaught of totally over-the-top orchestrations, and hardly any of it unique sounding; just stop it

- advance trailers spoiling storylines

What else? That's it for now.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate the overdone music too.

It's my one big hate for the Star Trek (tv series) as well, there's hardly any break in the background music.

Action sequences at night. I watched Fast and Furious 6 and only got half way through it because there are so many car actions bits at night. Maybe on the big screen it's ok but on an iPad..crap!

Girlfriends that ask ridiculous questions about the plot

As long as the questions (or her demonstrating that she totally didn't get it) are at the end, that's actually quite amusing.

;)

OTHER PEOPLE

Really really hate other people. Especially large lard buckets in front, behind and beside my seat.

I once sat in the movie theater alone. I was the only one who bought a ticket for that show. It was a big theater, If the film didn't do it, I thought they'd turn the aircon off to make me fall asleep and skip to the end of the film.

I dislike the over use of the POV angle....makes action scenes very jumpy and sometimes leaves with a sore head

Agree. It was a novelty 20 years ago, now a tired cliche.

Kind of like the Cher computer voice pitch effect in music.

Also don't like wire-work stunts. Too fake-looking.

Not just movies, but TV as well -

Sound track that is too quiet with over loud "mood music". The music is mostly irrelevant and (especially) if it's orchestral when there's no friggin' orchestra around!

Sound track problems beset me because of the tinnitus, and hence loss of hearing, in both ears.

I just wish they didn't feel that they have to emphasise the fact that there's a "important/dramatic/whatever" bit coming up.

Other than that, I wish the movies didn't rely on someone making a dumb decision for a continuation of the storyline. Yeah, I know, that'd make the movie like 3 minutes long, but hey, we're asking what annoys me, and that does!

The music is mostly irrelevant and (especially) if it's orchestral when there's no friggin' orchestra around!

Do you want to see the orchestra in the background?!

:confused:

Not necessarily, but if the action is taking place on the back of a truck, on the highway - no place for an orchestra. Not even a radio, so where TF did the symphonia come from?

At least I'd be able to follow the dialogue - the script was written at the bottom of the screen, and NO annoying soundtrack! :lol: