If there's one thing that gets you worked up....

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The 'tipping' culture (restaurants, hotels, etc). It is the most most ridiculous thing in the world....ever, and I will not take part in the idiotic charade (as much as possible). Hurray for Japan,

Oh no...hell no!! I will never ever contribute to that scam. Whenever the NHK guy comes by I tell him to wait a minute.....then I go and crank up the volume on the NHK channel so he can surely hear

BBC TV license. Ace

Depends on the models spec I guess.

Mine was not expensive.

Actually the blueray player that came with my laptop is also regional free as all my DVD play on it ok.

I have 2 DVD players in my car the front one is regional but the rear one isnt.

Cyclists who make their daily commute a race to and from work, and therefore end up riding around everyone in the car lane. So dangerous.

Trailers, adverts and 'don't steal movies' messages on DVDs or Blu Rays that I HAVE BOUGHT!!!

Some of the kids ones are terrible. It takes ten minutes for them to start.

Which is a bit of a shame when you're giving your kids twenty minutes' tv before bedtime. :)

Mine just watch Youtube now.

People who quote cartoon characters as if they were talking about real people! They are CARTOONS, FFS! Not real people at all!

Actually, the whole cartoon "starring ..." thing gives me the irrits! The "stars" only read the lines - not acting at all!

One thing that really gets me riled is reservation staff that don't have a brain and if they do, have had the abilty to use it removed by reciting from pre-prepared spin doctor produced standard replies to questions from the people that keep them in a job - Me, the customer.

Have a read from the bottom up to see how these poor souls have had common sense dulled and have been inflicted with STCSNS (Sorry The Computor Says No Syndrome!)

(live links and emails removed) This email trai was after a couple of fruitless phone calls to reservation staff.

Start from the bottom

Sent: Monday, 24 June 2013 4:07 PM

To: john@managementsales.com

Subject: RE: Reservation Problems

Thank you for your reply John.

This has been forwarded onto higher management for further consideration, we will be in contact with you within the next 48 hours.

Kind Regards

Nyomi Cook

Central Reservations Support Consultant

Mantra Group

Phone: 1800 080 878

The information contained in this email may be confidential. We do not guarantee the integrity of any emails or attachments in any way.

Experience our newest Mantra at

Sent: Monday, 24 June 2013 3:18 PM

To: Info Mantra Group

Cc: Mantra Group Corporate Enquiries QLD;

Thank you for your reply Nyomi.

You need to look at this situation outside of reservation system constraints.

I am not asking for a credit that was on a free night – I am entitled to that free night as I booked more nights than the package stated, 3 more in fact, and I expect a credit for that night if I give notice inside your stated amendments time.

I am not asking for something for nothing but I strongly object to paying $354 for nothing as I bought the original package with extras in good faith,

I don’t care what your reservation system says now – I am not asking for new accommodation at today’s rates.

In my buildings when a customer asked for an amendment or alteration to a booking my staff were encouraged to assist – not shrug it off with - “sorry, the computer says no”

For the sake of denying a request for something that would be accepted in 95% of other accommodation houses you run the risk of alienating not just your customer but also their family, friends, associates and social community.

If you can’t understand this please pass this on to someone in your organisation that appreciates how many hours of hard work, graft and marketing dollars go into attracting people to your brand.

Could someone please respond to this completely reasonable request.

John Hellyer

Director

Australian Resort Management Sales

PO Box 700 Maroochydore Qld 4557

Ph: 07 5444 7966 Mob: 0407 594 142

Email:

file:///C:\DOCUME~1\JOHNHE~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.jpg

Sent: Monday, 24 June 2013 1:41 PM

To:

Good Afternoon John

Thank you for your email.

I have looked into this situation with our management team, and I’m afraid we are not able to issue you with a credit that was for a free night. Our rates fluctuate with availability as I’m sure you understand, and the special which you booked on is no longer available.

If you were to amend to a 9 night stay, (check in 08.08.2013 and check out 17.08.2013) the total cost of the booking would remain the same ($3546.00). If you would like to proceed with this amendment I am happy to do this for you.

Kind Regards

Nyomi Cook

Central Reservations Support Consultant

Mantra Group

Phone: 1800 080 878

The information contained in this email may be confidential. We do not guarantee the integrity of any emails or attachments in any way.

Experience our newest Mantra at

Sent: Sunday, 23 June 2013 4:51 PM

To: Info Mantra Group

Subject: Reservation Problems

Hello,

Re: Booking # 58804152078 – 4 pax in the name of Hellyer.

I am hoping you can assist me. I have an existing booking as above for which I have paid a deposit.

Unfortunately due to flight alterations I need to cancel the first night of this 10 night booking.

I rang central reservations to do this and to pay the balance. I expected to get a credit for the cancelled night as it was well within the term outlined in your terms and conditions.

The reservation girls told me that I won’t get any credit for a night that I won’t use or rather the system won’t let me have a credit for a night I won’t use??

Now my original package was a ‘stay 7/Pay 6’ deal so I could understand if I was cancelling one night of the package but I booked 3 extra nights also.

I understand how reservation systems work & that the res girls were correct in saying that the details now loaded in their system has changed (the difference coincedentily is exactly 1 nights tariff – go figure?) so according to the system, cancelling one night gives me no refund/credit at all. So I have to Pay $354 for a room night I will not use – how does that work?

I have owned and operated 3 different accommodation businesses over the past 20 years ranging from 15 rooms to 65 rooms, still work in the industry and have always considered that looking after the customer was top priority not arguing with the customer as your reservation staff ( Kimberley, I think her name was) did today.

To me it is simple – I cancelled one night well within the notice period so should receive a credit of $354 (or minus an admin fee if that’s what you do) - You give me the credit which, computer inflexibility aside I am entitled to, and I am a happy customer.

I am ready to pay the balance of the tariff so look forward to an early reply.

Feel free to give me a call on the numbers below

Kind regards,

John Hellyer

file:///C:\DOCUME~1\JOHNHE~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image003.gif

Director

Australian Resort Management Sales

PO Box 700 Maroochydore Qld 4557

Ph: 07 5444 7966 Mob: 0407 594 142

Email:

file:///C:\DOCUME~1\JOHNHE~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.jpg

Sorry, but I tend to not like it when people talk to me like:

-----

You need to look at this situation outside of reservation system constraints.

I don’t care what your reservation system says now – I am not asking for new accommodation at today’s rates.

-----

As in the "right" as you may well be, it is not the way to get people to do stuff for you.....

In fact, they're back will be up and they'll probably feel the opposite.

Just saying.

Fair point in many situations Rach but I am a very patient man in normal circumstances - my current business is 95% negotiation skills but in this instance I have been bashing my head against a brick wall dealing with the reservation staff.

Does not usually happen when dealing direct with the resort operator but in this situation I have been stonewalled by a huge central reservations group of maybe 600 phone operators who put scripted responses above common sense.

I can't believe it has even gone this far. - I book a room well in advance, circmstances change I cancel the room. I expect a refund - end of story - 1 pnone call - all over red rover.

I can understand the frustration.

But still, I don't reckon the lecturing / telling people how to do their job thing will get you far..... good luck though!

Snowjunky,

I can absolutely see where you are coming from, and while the wording is strong and I can see Rach's point, I think it was entirely appropriate in this situation. Without the use of that language you would still be getting the script.

I have had a lot of annoyances in the last week including:

1. Incompetence in organization of uniforms and visas for a peak international sporting competition - person with whom the buck stops is on holidays (are you serious?) meaning PB had to jump on a plane (after many hours of paperwork by us both) to go fight it out in person with the consulate and get the outstanding 7 visas...with about 10 hours to spare before lift off!

2. Snowjunky style 'computer says no' attitude by Thredbo ticketing. Refused to sell foot passenger ticket to Nikki_O to come up and have lunch with those of us skiing/boarding at Merritt's, instead requesting a full day ticket price of $89. Are you serious? $89 surcharge for LUNCH? Poor marketing... Not only did she not pay it, she didn't spend any money at the Merritt's cafe for lunch...and will probably re think Aus snow destination next time, after being a loyal Thredbo return visitor.

I do not understand how tourism industry's can continue to survive when plagued by the computer says no mentality.

If the visas are a nightmare to get, will they get the event awarded in future?

If the customer is driven away by poor service the noise of annoyance spreads quicker than the marketing hype can spread and they are defeating themselves before they begin..

Surely the marketing department needs to start with the frontline staff and sort out the customer service issues first - the rest will happen by itself. Otherwise they are fighting a losing battle.

Must admit I don't react very well to people getting all 'this is how you should do it' with me.

Do you like people telling you how to do your job?

I don't think it is ever going to be really productive, the people on the other end will probably just let out a few expletives - at best they won't be more inclined to help.

There are better ways of doing things.

:wave:

I'm very much not into confrontation though, rather Japanese style in that respect. :lol:

Reminds me of the old story of the guys in an Indian restaurant and giving the waiter hell.

He then proceeds to make their meal more..... salty, adding some freshly produced body secretions.... if you know what I mean.

Ew.