How is that roo JA??

Apparently, not as good for you as previously thought. Seems there's some stuff called L-carnitine which is the thing that's the main cause of the build of plaque in arteries. According to the Brisbane Times - Google "kangaroo meat" and the BT article is about the 4th or 5th link. ABC also has the same story!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I made a venison stew last week.....it was glorious. Beef is good but venison and moose meat are where it's at.

Aubergine is a lovely legume. Grilled or fried it is delish. Also have it in a mousaka. Great stuff.

You get deer meat from a local hunter, Chriselle? Where is this?

Ya, a friend of a friend gets contracts to cull them so they don't mess around eating all the bark off the trees down here in and around the golf courses. I usually get a few good sized cuts of loin and rump. Last time I got about 7 or 8 lbs. It's been a while so I told my wife to inquire if there is any shooting action planned anytime soon.. ;)

How is that roo JA??

Apparently, not as good for you as previously thought. Seems there's some stuff called L-carnitine which is the thing that's the main cause of the build of plaque in arteries. According to the Brisbane Times - Google "kangaroo meat" and the BT article is about the 4th or 5th link. ABC also has the same story!

That is a by product made by the body when all red meat is broken down, they now reckon that it's linked to arterial plaque build up

Trouble is, though, if you don't eat, you don't shit - then you die!

So ... might as well eat stuff that's interesting and tasty - gonna die sometime anyway!

Trouble is, though, if you don't eat, you don't shit - then you die!

So ... might as well eat stuff that's interesting and tasty - gonna die sometime anyway!

Tenderize up some of that roo JA,, I'll be over later for some BBQ... :wave:

Cooked properly, eggplant is fine - avocado, OTOH has no flavour, no texture - might as well just eat pond algae.

It's not a legume though if we're going to use difficult words. It's a nightshade. Just like the evil potato. Cue horror music!

Avocado is lovely, so c'mon people, show your love!

Legume.

I like that word, and I don't think it's just because I like legs.

:lol:

aubergine is nice....although the texture can be a bit slimy at times, but i generally like it

avocado is great, mash some up with salt, pepper and lemon juice for a really tasty, easy to make dip. Local izakaya sells avocado tempura.....melt in the mouth goodness

Legume.

I like that word, and I don't think it's just because I like legs.

:lol:

aubergine is nice....although the texture can be a bit slimy at times, but i generally like it

avocado is great, mash some up with salt, pepper and lemon juice for a really tasty, easy to make dip. Local izakaya sells avocado tempura.....melt in the mouth goodness

Enjoy both from time to time.