The unemployment figures went up from under one and a half million in 1979 to a well publicized three million in the early 1980s.

Such "hatred and contempt" and patheticness and whatever you may want to call it for whatever agenda is simply pointing out government figures :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The policies enacted by her leadership of the government resulted in 1.5 mill being added to dole queue. She was the Prime minister when unemployment broke thru the 3 million mark for the first time i

Did the electricity go off in the late 70s? I only remember it happening when I was very little, about the time of three day week in 1974. That's just after the oil shock   GDP growth under Thatcher

The policies enacted by her leadership of the government resulted in 1.5 mill being added to dole queue. She was the Prime minister when unemployment broke thru the 3 million mark for the first time in the post war era. She was against sanctions to be imposed upon Apartheid South Africa and called Mandela, a future Nobel Peace Prize winner, a terrorist. She supported the overthrow of a popularly elected government in Chile by right wing dictator Pinochet, okayed the giving of arms to Saddam Hussein and gave her backing to the murderous regime of Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia after the Vietnamese invaded and overthrew the regime. Not a very good looking track record there if you ask me

Wow with her record simply being such terrible things and obviously nothing at all positive, it's quite incredible that the UK population elected her as Prime Minister three times isn't it!

Hey did those unemployement figures that are so often quoted continue to go up and up during her time in charge? I don't think change has ever been easy, and it wasn't. Seems some people would have preferred the country remain in the stone ages.

The policies enacted by her leadership of the government resulted in 1.5 mill being added to dole queue. She was the Prime minister when unemployment broke thru the 3 million mark for the first time in the post war era. She was against sanctions to be imposed upon Apartheid South Africa and called Mandela, a future Nobel Peace Prize winner, a terrorist. She supported the overthrow of a popularly elected government in Chile by right wing dictator Pinochet, okayed the giving of arms to Saddam Hussein and gave her backing to the murderous regime of Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia after the Vietnamese invaded and overthrew the regime. Not a very good looking track record there if you ask me

Wow with her record simply being such terrible things and obviously nothing at all positive, it's quite incredible that the UK population elected her as Prime Minister three times isn't it!

Hey did those unemployement figures that are so often quoted continue to go up and up during her time in charge? I don't think change has ever been easy, and it wasn't. Seems some people would have preferred the country remain in the stone ages.

The stone age? hardly. You are right though, it is easier to come up with a list of negative policies about her since she had so many, I'm sure there were positives of course, however I can't think of any that affected so many people as those that failed.

Yes she was voted in 3 times and then she was voted out......by her own party half way thru her last term....not exactly a ringing endorsement. Her wins, may also be a reflection of the state of Labour in those days, the left was incredibly split and fractured. Then when they did get their shit together under Blair, they won it in a landslide.

Yes she was voted in 3 times and then she was voted out......by her own party half way thru her last term....not exactly a ringing endorsement. Her wins, may also be a reflection of the state of Labour in those days, the left was incredibly split and fractured.

Yes she was voted in 3 times over a period of how many (many) years? So yes that's three times. Three times, wow. Yeah I suppose each time it must have been for any other reason other than people actually liking here.

Then when they did get their shit together under Blair, they won it in a landslide.

Curious that, I actually thought that Maggie was well gone by the time Blair won his landslide.

Or, hold on, was that landslide, even though I thought it was fought against some other boring bloke that no-one found remotely interesting, actually directly beating Thatcher?

Hmmm.

:confused:

Anyway, I think she did lots of good things for the country and god knows the state we would have been in if we would have continued further with Labour.

Yes she was voted in 3 times and then she was voted out......by her own party half way thru her last term....not exactly a ringing endorsement. Her wins, may also be a reflection of the state of Labour in those days, the left was incredibly split and fractured.

Yes she was voted in 3 times over a period of how many (many) years? So yes that's three times. Three times, wow.

Then when they did get their shit together under Blair, they won it in a landslide.

Curious that, I actually thought that Maggie was well gone by the time Blair won his landslide.

Or, hold on, was that landslide, even though I thought it was fought against some other boring bloke that no-one found remotely interesting, actually directly beating Thatcher?

Hmmm.

:confused:

Anyway, I think she did lots of good things for the country and god knows the state we would have been in if we would have continued further with Labour.

yes 3 times.....I think I said that....hello?? 1.....2.....3.......over the number of years constitutionally required to hold General Elections.

did you read any post where I said that Blair won by directly beating Thatcher?? Hmm....just making facts up to fit your argument...yeah, its a nice way to have a discussion.

2Pints if thats your opinion then great, but lets hear how she did lots of good things for the country, because up until now (I wasn't being flippant before), I can't think of any that were good for the same number of people in the UK as those policies that affected vast numbers that were bad

did you read any post where I said that Blair won by directly beating Thatcher??

No I didn't.

But you did say this:

Her wins, may also be a reflection of the state of Labour in those days, the left was incredibly split and fractured. Then when they did get their shit together under Blair, they won it in a landslide.

And I was simply pointing out, to those who did not know, that Blair did not win his landslide while Thatcher was in office.

He won it against some boring bloke who no-one remembers.

Just to make that point clear in case people didn't know and perhaps thought the country voted her out.... because they didn't.

did you read any post where I said that Blair won by directly beating Thatcher??

No I didn't.

But you did say this:

Her wins, may also be a reflection of the state of Labour in those days, the left was incredibly split and fractured. Then when they did get their shit together under Blair, they won it in a landslide.

And I was simply pointing out, to those who did not know, that Blair did not win his landslide while Thatcher was in office.

He won it against some boring bloke who no-one remembers.

Just to make that point clear in case people didn't know and perhaps thought the country voted her out.... because they didn't.

No her own party voted her out a few years before. My statement does not read that Blair ousted Thatcher.....its states that it could be argued that her wins were due in part to the fractured and factional left wing parties of the time. I then offered the comparison of when the left did get their shit together and come together as one, they won the election.

Calm down calm down, why don't you?!

I didn't say that your statement out and out read that that Blair ousted Thatcher.

I was just making the point clearly as I said in my previous posts.

:lol: I'm perfectly calm.

The thing that quickly ended Thatcher's rein was the pole tax, as well as the general public her own side voted her out as soon as she introduced this, she was out, no one liked this as it was totally unfair sysytem.

I do wonder how she made it for 3 terms though, but I guess more than anything she had backbone, she didn't back down on her policies and beliefs and maybe that is what appealed to people back then, the promise of change and improvement, even though it didn't really turn out so positive for many people at the time.

In recent history though Thatcher is the only leader who actually stood by her policies even if they were not good, which is something better than the rubbish we got in England now.

The idiots now f*+?ing up the country are no more than puppets on strings.

It would be nice to have a leader with backbone, someone who can actually make decisions, who can actually implement policies that are going to help the country, someone that understands the people........Oh ok yes of course that is not going to happen!!!!

I genuinely and hand on my heart, liked, in fact... admired John Major. :) If i met him on the street id probably tell him that i still remember where i was the day he resigned as party leader and told them to come at him. I was in High Heaton in Newcastle at the garage on the other side of the Spinney (a ****ing hell hole charver estate i used to continually get shit from the wankers living there because i was a crusty space cadet hippy and they, being proper newcastle radgie scum****s didnt like that one bit)... um... where was i? Ah yes! John Major.Brilliant guy. Not only did he "face" a leadership challenge like his predecessor. He did it with a tiny parliamentary majority, he RESIGNED prior to the challenge and stood as just another candidate, and then won! I mean, i remember it because i thought "whoopee! the tories will be gone!" but it turns out that almost 20 years on, its his integrity in facing down one of the most poisonous parties in modern history and proving he was way too ****ing good for them that i ended up remembering.

The Witch is Dead could hit the top 40 singles chart after Baroness Thatcher's death

In 12 hours Judy Garland's version had made it to number 54of charts

Expected to climb higher as a result of a Facebook campaign set up

Comes after violent 'death parties' celebrate Baroness Thatcher's passing