Because the ginormous spine was super fun. There was a stadium kicker too. A third of the mountain is still closed by the by. Anyone know why? My buddy and I reckon that there is some sort of crack in the mountain. Kandatsu had a similar issue last season.

An unrelated note. Anyone been to Yamagata this season? Record snows, should be epic conditions.

An unrelated note. Anyone been to Yamagata this season? Record snows, should be epic conditions.

Yes, I am here.

Record snows? Not sure about that.

It's not been a classic season, I would say. Good times, not so good times.

@ippy dude ride with me and take my picture.

@muikabochi thanks for clearing that up, but any idea why that trail is closed?

@ilovezao the news made it sound like this is the most snow there in years, but you're on the ground so I'll take your word for it. I also heard that there is a place in 山形 that will be open til june. Do you know which resort that is?

My vacation started today I need to ride!

@ippy dude ride with me and take my picture.

@muikabochi thanks for clearing that up, but any idea why that trail is closed?

@ilovezao the news made it sound like this is the most snow there in years, but you're on the ground so I'll take your word for it. I also heard that there is a place in 山形 that will be open til june. Do you know which resort that is?

My vacation started today I need to ride!

Gassan, usually open until July.

It's hardly a 'resort' though.

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/resorts/resortdetail.php?resid=118

• Like 1

I don't know Aggro. They don't groom it and it's fairly steep in parts. I presume they take a look each morning and make the decision. Looking at the mountains around here now there's some pretty big cracks all over the place as the snow quickly melts.

Who is in charge of naming ridiculous ski resort runs??

because only the 26 million dollar man can handle it. (queue sweet sound effect)

At ski santa fe in New Mexico there is a trail called Gay Way.

Still it closes much much less than it did a few years back before the downhill course existed.

They had a few seasons there when they seemed to be closed a few days a week.

Must have been hurting.

I think they had a few days when lots of people were stranded up top and with the gondola out of action they were up there overnight (?).

Got some really bad publicity.

After that they seemed to be overly cautious. I remember them closing some days when there seriously wasn't any wind all day.

The South Area was closed I think because the Chuetsu Jishin did some damage to the lift.courses.

They then replaced the quad with the current pair lift over there.