Anyone still feel the love

I managed to pick a rose from the garden this morning and present it in a champagne flute.

Not really into it but thought I might make a slight effort.

I'm expecting something sweet from all the SJ bunnies....don't keep me waitin now... :wave:

My wife's birthday just so happens to be today as well....decided to make it a family/birthday weekend and skip the skiing. Somebody please pat me on the back..... ;)

Massive Yawn!!

Another of the manufactured "celebrations" so the chocolate and flower shops (as well as the electronics/jewelery stores) can rip some more cash off of unsuspecting punters.

We now have ...

Xmas

New Year

Easter

Valentine

Mother's Day

Father's Day

Pre-School "graduation"

Primary School "graduation"

1 month "anniversary" of almost anything (including 'going out together')

etc ...

ALL of which require some sort of party and presents to be bought.

Yeah, I knwo, I'm an old phart, but at least +1 is on my side, and by my side, and we get along just fine without the "you gotta remember my present" crap. Mostly, we buy stuff when we need it rather than wait for a present opportunity ... that way we get what we want when we want it!

In Japan you can just get choco from the lovely ladies on today, then forget about White Day a month later. Or say it's just not tradition. Oops. Unless of course you are on a :evilgrin: attempt in which case you might want to take note of it.

• Like 1

Massive Yawn!!

Another of the manufactured "celebrations" so the chocolate and flower shops (as well as the electronics/jewelery stores) can rip some more cash off of unsuspecting punters.

We now have ...

Xmas

New Year

Easter

Valentine

Mother's Day

Father's Day

Pre-School "graduation"

Primary School "graduation"

1 month "anniversary" of almost anything (including 'going out together')

etc ...

ALL of which require some sort of party and presents to be bought.

Yeah, I knwo, I'm an old phart, but at least +1 is on my side, and by my side, and we get along just fine without the "you gotta remember my present" crap. Mostly, we buy stuff when we need it rather than wait for a present opportunity ... that way we get what we want when we want it!

Your right JA there is no way in the world you would catch me in a restaurant or florist today.

My wife got me a bar of my favorite bitter black. I think it's around 87% or something. Definitely not sweet. Having a piece right now with a dark roast espresso. Perfect on a Friday afternoon.