PC getting to be unusable

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ah so most normal people using a computer then, I see.

Our savior....!!

big-will, that happened to me a few months ago. I solved it by running the Outlook Inbox Repair Tool that is in the Outlook folder on the computer.

Can't remember the name but a quick search should tell you about that.

Good luck!

Postbox or Thunderbird.

The former is based on T'bird, which is a Mozilla open source thing from the makers of Firefox (my browser of choice!).

Hmm well that doesn't mean much to me.

Apple mail seems too... simple, so Mac office seems to be the most seamless solution for me. Never really got to be too in-depth with Outlook though and can't say I feel particularly attached to it.

You know with Outlook, does anyone here archive? I'm pretty sure I should because my big mail file is a whopping gigabite thing now and the way I use it is probably very silly.

You know with Outlook, does anyone here archive? I'm pretty sure I should because my big mail file is a whopping gigabite thing now and the way I use it is probably very silly.

Set up some extra pst files attached to your outlook profile and move older mail into it. Many moons ago when I was on a helpdesk we used to have problems with pst files that went over 750 mb (approx) Spent a lot of time running the inbox repair kit.

Depending on what version of outlook you have will determine where the option is located, but look for "outlook data file" in the menu options. I have 2010 and it's on the ribbon under new, new items, more items. Create the file, geive it a location and add it to outlook (just follow the prompts). Move older mail that you don't need daily to it.

Also a good idea to make backup copies of all pst files and place on an external drive, just in case.

onehunga, are you Indian?

No I'm not Indian, I have spent a bit of time there though. If however you are refering to the fact that I once worked on a help desk, it was in New Zealand, not India, although of the IT staff approx 50% were Indian. Made for some great group lunchs.

Why? Did he type with an accent?

Actually, his profile says Kiwi, so he probably DID! :p

When I type (very slowly as I can't touch type) the worlds ring in my head, now I personaly don't think these worlds have an accent to them, but they probably have. However I don't have a Kiwi accent. Too many years of sharing flee ridden poxy flats with Aussies and South Africians in London has given me an accent that defies anyone to place. Most Brits think I'm foreign, but not sure where from, and most Aussies/Kiwis think I'm a Brit.