• 3rd February 2013
    • 2nd March 2013

I like the Japanese

13/2/3

or is that

25/2/3

I got confused a few times last year when it was 24/2/12 or similiar

Was it 24 Feb or 12 Feb Important when it came to milk expiry dates

Inasmuch as I'm Australian, the sequence is always day/month/year.

However, as I'm also into computers and photography, files are dated year_month_date so they are always in the correct order when sorted by date.

The day/month/year sequence makes logical sense - starting with the smallest entity and building up to the largest, as does the year/month/day sequence starting with the largest entity and going towards the smallest. If you add in hours minutes seconds, the sequences become even more important, and either year/month/day-hour:minute:second OR hour:minute:second-day/month/year (although that is somewhat counter-intuitive).

The month/day/year defies any attempt at logical explanation.

This is interesting as I had this very predicament the other day. I've always though day/month/year but indeed there have been cases (some official forms if I recall) I've seen where it was month day year. Maybe it's an attempt to make it easier as we naturally recite our birth dates in the illogical order.... :confused:

Ah, I guess I should have said birthday..

What I meant was...if I ask... Hey man, when's your birthday? You will probably respond with ... It's April XX. Right?

Nope ... Always XXIII April. in fact.

I WISH!!!

I'd be worth a few bob as the oldest man alive (or slightly resembling alive!).

Actually 1948 drop, me! True baby boomer!