Geddit! Tubby because tubby is off to rusutsu, and tele because kokodoko is in niseko, and he skis and im pretty sure telemark is some kind of ski thing so this is obviously working!

So what you up to this weekend?

Im off to nozawa. Weather suggests (6 day forecast) that itll be awesome tomorrow, decent thursday, alright friday, kinda sucky saturday, pretty crap sunday morning but improving throughout the day, and KICK ASS SIRIUS PODER on monday.

Needless to say friday, sunday arvo, and monday i reckons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTQVnl_tRjE

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happo webcam just now.   How I would love to be there right now with my camera.  

True, true. Perhaps just to be cunning. Or something.

My season is currently looking to be much more limited than previously expected/hoped. Nevertheless, will get up to Inawashiro this Sunday and Monday. Despite hoping for some views, weather forecast looks like another head-in-the-clouds, zero-visibility couple of days. But, I'll take it. :groovy:

Did you ski today Kokodoko?

no , my legs were so hurting i woosed out and went shopping in kutchan..

there was about ~20-30cms last night. so today was pretty good.

it was a bit (very ) windy so a couple of lifts were closed i think..

it has starting snowing agin this afternoon..

sorry no cheese. only eggs.

sooooo... kandahar on nozawa?

I swear to god the first time i went there, we got to play on it. But ive never been able to ride it since. Its always "only japan ski club" or some such. I mean it hasnt opened yet this season at all, but im always watching across for those lifts running.

I do remember thoroughly enjoying it so just curious if the plebs ever get to run it and maybe the last two times i was there last season (3 days over jan bank holiday and a random saturday in march last year) was just bad timing?

Did a few hours nighta at Rusutsu today.....great. The ungroomed runs, whilst obviously UBER chopped and tracked after a full day, were still soft and powdery. The sides if the trails gave some great face shots and the missus us really progressing.....linking turns easily now and starting to get confident. Having a few beers in the Izakaya in the main hotel.....the Rusutsu pork miso nabe is well recommended. Can't wait for tomorrow

Great 1st impression, I have to say. Tomorrow is out with the missus again, but then Friday is the main event.....she's onsening and Im hooking up with my mate who lives in Sapporo and he's showing me the mountain.....this is his usual haunt.

Wow!! It's super light Hokkaudo pow-pow...."groomers" are boot to knee deep and the sides are knee to waist if very light and dry powder. It's still snowing pretty hard, so visibility isnt the best but the wind isn't so strong so it's all good