Spoke too soon.....after posting the wind picked up. I'm with the Mrs so haven't been off exploring too much cos she is beginner-intermediate.....she is linking turns like a champ tho and just needs to gain confidence letting the board run. So we've been around the east and west mountains but the top of east mt is closed so heading over to Usola after lunch. Tomorrow my mate, who's a local, is coming over to show me the goods and the wife is having an onsen day :)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happo webcam just now.   How I would love to be there right now with my camera.  

True, true. Perhaps just to be cunning. Or something.

Two things.

1. Tubby, i want your scotland-card, your sporran, and your pet haggis back. If you arent going to comment on the most OBVIOUS scottish gag in the history of scottish comedy, then you aere clearly an imposter. Get out of my country (that im not in and havent actively inhabited since i was 14).

2. Hilarious. Not even january and the real start of the dumps, and kagura are already on 2.7m. :)

http://www.snowjapan...tsSnowDepth.php

Two things.

1. Tubby, i want your scotland-card, your sporran, and your pet haggis back. If you arent going to comment on the most OBVIOUS scottish gag in the history of scottish comedy, then you aere clearly an imposter. Get out of my country (that im not in and havent actively inhabited since i was 14).

2. Hilarious. Not even january and the real start of the dumps, and kagura are already on 2.7m. :)

http://www.snowjapan...tsSnowDepth.php

Eh've nae idea whit yir goin oan aboot!! :)

Wowsers, Isola had some awesome snow, hardly anyone around but the wind over there was mental. Visibility was awful, which wouldn't have been a prob if I was on my own but I was with the bread-knife and she wasnt so confident over there. Didn't really explore the trees for the same reason but tomorrow is gonna be the day for that. It's still snowing here, east mt is still producing untouched pow and face shots aplenty.....but I've finally called time

In the wind it was cold........got some nose dangle berries after a few pow slashes!! :lol:

Sounds painful! :D

Nice day today at Niseko. The snow was a bit lighter and drier. imho.. about 20-30 cms maybe.

The wind closed a few lifts, though.

So you're not missing Furano yet then KD?! ;)

nozawa update onegai! Just getting ready for tomorrow and deciding which deck to bring. Figured id bring the slasher out if the powder is still about. If not and its looking sketch, ill maybes bring the sierrascope instead. Anyone been up there today? How was it?

Hakuba was super yummy today. Snow was light, dry and deep. Temps were quite low so the quality remained throughout most of the day even though we had deep blue sunny skies. Blue bird powder days get me going! Really doubt it'll be as good tomorrow though... probably too much sun and not enough snow. I'm thinking it'll be a morning of groomers followed by a long soak and loads of beer :)

Hakuba was super yummy today. Snow was light, dry and deep. Temps were quite low so the quality remained throughout most of the day even though we had deep blue sunny skies. Blue bird powder days get me going! Really doubt it'll be as good tomorrow though... probably too much sun and not enough snow. I'm thinking it'll be a morning of groomers followed by a long soak and loads of beer :)

BM how did the hovercraft go compared to the fish wheres the vid?

Just pulled into iiyama, lots of snow on the ground. It looks like it might have a wee crust on it, it nothing too hard. Conditions outside are overcast, totally unbroken grey skies. I reckon its gonna be alright out there today. :)

So you're not missing Furano yet then KD?! ;)

missing my lovely friends... sniff...

Today was very good at Niseko. nice and light, about 30cms..

skied konayuki and under the gondola.

Just had the best day ever at Rusutsu. Only time on the groomers was at the run out of each run to get back to the lift. Awesome powder at Steamboat, under the quad, top of the Isola gondola into the bowl......brilliant!! Big thanks to my mate and his crew from Sapporo for showing me round.....you think you're a pretty good rider UNTIL you ride with pretty damn good riders!! :)

Fun day. Despite the grey skies, it was about as clear out there as I've seen it. I swear to god I could see the sea of japan/east sea out there. Was rather breathtaking. Snow is just starting to move in as I write this, so there will be a mini top up for tomorrow keeping things fresh. Yamabiko was perfect conditions. The powder was Mega light making for some serious fun slashing in the trees. Alas those bastard two plankers have destroyed ushikubi for the time being. Its going to take a fair bit of snow to untrack those moguls cutting through the middle of it. Why oh why can't they just blast it like any sensible person? Still, great day. Even tempted to pop back again tomorrow... we'll see what time I bother getting up at :)

Grats dude! But back to much more important news. The flakes are getting bigger and the snow on the way back to nagano is getting heavier :) tomorrow morning might be a god one. Sunday morning is going to suck though. Y'all bin warned.

Calling it, tomorrow is going to be good fun early doors. Probably getting heavier running as the day goes on what with the climbing temps, but the flakes are getting bigger, and I can already see a few cms of freshies on posts, railings and tracks out there.

I'll be in Hakuba this weekend. Been here since yesterday and leaving Sunday night. Tomorrow I will be at happoone or cortina. Today it started snowing from about 2pm and hopefully it will continue through the night.

Just had the best day ever at Rusutsu. Only time on the groomers was at the run out of each run to get back to the lift. Awesome powder at Steamboat, under the quad, top of the Isola gondola into the bowl......brilliant!! Big thanks to my mate and his crew from Sapporo for showing me round.....you think you're a pretty good rider UNTIL you ride with pretty damn good riders!! :)

Yeah I got that earlier in the year and I thought I knew the place well sometimes it's good to get out of the comfort zone and go a bit faste/rharder as it improves you as a rider

About 5cms all the way down to chikuma. The weather seems to be nice and cool as well so still got a few hours before the sun starts destroying whtevers on the mountains. I'd say its going to be a pretty awesome day, but I'm too knackered :/