• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happo webcam just now.   How I would love to be there right now with my camera.  

True, true. Perhaps just to be cunning. Or something.

Sun is out in Rusutsu......I'm leaving in an hour, definitely timed it perfectly with the weather.....consistent snowfall to top up what was tracked the day before. Today might just be a bit bumpy out there.....unless it snows again, which wouldn't surprise me :)

The suns making a break for it. Blue skies half way to nozawa :( likely going to be nice and warm by the time I start my first run at 11 ish

Did i just imagine it or does the rusutsu report say temperatures dropped to -78c? :o

Mecha low level cloud cover in nozawa

That would be a typo cos it definitely isn't/wasn't that cold. Sun is out and blue skies all round, a beauty of a day. The mountains look fantastic....first time I've actually been able to see them

Just waiting for the shuttle. Temps are pretty warm out there. Gonna be a wet one

Eta: couldn't get everyone in the shuttle bus, so its likely also gonna be busy :/

Hakuba was super yummy today. Snow was light, dry and deep. Temps were quite low so the quality remained throughout most of the day even though we had deep blue sunny skies. Blue bird powder days get me going! Really doubt it'll be as good tomorrow though... probably too much sun and not enough snow. I'm thinking it'll be a morning of groomers followed by a long soak and loads of beer :)

BM how did the hovercraft go compared to the fish wheres the vid?

Hey Seemore, the Hovercraft just arrived today actually so I didn't have a chance to ride it. I can confirm though that the Fish still rides as well as it did last year. I only got two short videos because I stupidly brought the wrong SD card and had only 500MB of space. Anyway, as suspected, the snow was quite a bit heavier yesterday where it had been in the sun. Northern aspects and treed areas were still pretty soft though.

Good day out there again. Discovered a new line that no one else was riding down yamabiko so ended up riding that pretty much all day. The low cloud cover kept the lower down parts out of the sun so nothing was as wet as you might have thought. Crowds are definitely out now. I think I'll leave it a few days now before heading back up there. Pity, Monday looks like its gonna be alright.I'll see how I feel, but I figure the next couple of days are gonna be spent in thesecretworld :)

Photos from today at Hirafu.

kokodoko_102.jpg

Ace Quad chair early in the morning.

kokodoko_103.jpg

Super Ridge, skiers right of the Ace quad.

kokodoko_104.jpg

Blowing snow.

kokodoko_105.jpg

Mount Yotei, a strato-volcano which last erupted about three thousand years ago.

kokodoko_106.jpg

Road leading up to Hirafu slopes.

kokodoko_107.jpg

Food van.