• SnowJapan Admin

We have been in the process for a (very) long time now of re-building our website.

It's all based on our 12 years experience of running this site, knowing how we want to run the site backend, knowing how people use the site frontend, knowing what we think are it's weaker/stronger points, receiving lots of valuable feedback and comments... and just a little bit of knowledge of Japan.

We are doing our best to try and improve on every single aspect of SnowJapan.

Will it be perfect? Nope.

Will everyone love it? Of course not. No doubt some folk will dismiss it after taking a quick 5 minute look.

Whatever we do, some people are not going to like it - heck, some people apparently dislike the fact that we give away hundreds of free ski lift tickets every single season.

Sadly it seems that kind of response is unavoidable and I now accept it as noise that is 'part of the deal'.

Everyone has different opinions with different motivations, and people probably have different ideas as to what would improve the site.

Really, the only way we can move forward with integrity is to do what we think is best, based on above experience etc.

We have a very clear idea of what we want to do and that's what we are trying to achieve.

SJDavid in his original post was just asking for a bit of feedback to see what people thought on that subject - you shouldn't read too deep into it: we're not putting this mammoth 18 month effort into building a website based solely on comments posted on the Forums by a few people who we have never met.

I hope that people really like what is coming up, but if people don't for whatever reason... never mind!

Remember, it's free.

:friend:

But then I'm called to task whenever I use 'Niseko Resort Area' rather than just Niseko.

Oh come on now, lets not be overly dramatic shall we.

I think I read that comment about..... once.

I discuss the Niseko Resort Area on other forums as well as on SnowJapan, and also in the real world too ;)

Tateshina area, Nagano:

Blanche Takayama

Kirigamine

Echo Valley

Kurumayama Kogen

Shirakaba Kogen Kokusai

Shirakaba Resort

Shirakaba Royal Hill

Shirakaba 2 in 1

Tateshina Tokyu

Pilatus Tateshina

Yachiho Kogen?

Koumi Riekkusu?

(snowdude may have an opinion here, for example on whether the last two should logically be included)

Koumi rex certainly doesn't fall under the Tateshina resort list, Yachiho, does or doesn't depend on who you speak to.

Kirigamine : never heard of this resort, that is the only one on the list I don't know!

Aizu Kogen area, Fukushima:

Aizu Kogen Nango

Aizu Kogen Daikurayama

Aizu Kogen Takatsue

Aizu Kogen Takahata

Hinoemata

Tadami?

Fairy Land Kaneyama?

For the Bandai area, I would be tempted to include all of the following, and perhaps name it "Bandai-Adatara area":

Alts Bandai

Grand Sunpia Inawashiro Resort

Inawashiro

Family Snow Park Bandai x2

Urabandai

Urabandai Nekoma

Grandeco

Listel Ski Fantasia

Numajiri

Minowa

Yokomuki Onsen

Nihonmatsu Shiozawa

Adatara Kogen

(Alternatively, the last 5 could be split off into a separate "Adatara area," but that seems unnecessarily detailed to me.)

Room for adjustments in all the above, of course.

I too am also looking forward to seeing the changes! Whatever they be, if you like them and think they are good, then they will be good!

I think most of us on here are happy to see the changes.