Skiing early December (Shiga Kogen, Hakuba, Nozawa Onsen)?

Good weather for skiing today; unfortunately like mentioned in the daily report not many lifts are opened and apart from that also many slopes are closed. For example you can go use lift number 23 in Ichinose family but only slppe number 22 is opened. 23+24 are well prepared but closed. This is just an example; you can find this at many placed in Shiga at the moment. It looks like almost all slopes are ready for usage (well prepared by snowcat) but: closed. Apart from that it was very nice day out there with not many people on the slopes :-) I uploaded some more pictures of today into the gallery.

Yakebitaiyama

Yakebitaiyama

Yakebitaiyama

Yakebitaiyama

Yokateyama

Yokateyama

Yokateyama

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Also, if you can cancel it in the next 2 days for free then why not do that and book a night in Tokyo for when u land and then check out the reports and book a place the day before? It's not like they

Today a went to Okushigakogen and afterwards to Yakebitaiyama. Unfortunately 2 more lifts in Shiga Kogen were closed (compared to yesterday; no 30+73 were closed). Weather was not very good; it snowed a bit and the sun appeared hardly. Therefore I decided to go to my hotel a bit earlier today (Onsen :-) ), hopefully the weather tomorrow will be better. Gondola no 1 was moving but not opened for the public and I guess also no 48 will open soon because they prepared the lift and removed the snow from the seats. Here are some pics of today:

Okushigakogen 13th Dec.

Okushigakogen 13th Dec.

Okushigakogen 13th Dec.

Okushigakogen 13th Dec.

Okushigakogen 13th Dec.

Okushigakogen 13th Dec.

Okushigakogen 13th Dec.

Okushigakogen 13th Dec.

Okushigakogen 13th Dec.

Yakebitaiyama

Ski bus

Are you pretty bummed at your Japan ski holiday? Pity more lifts aren't open for you

Don't understand why; powder is amazing and they could easily open als lifts and slopes... In addition many slopes are closed which are well prepared by snowcats and reachable by a lift (and the slope goes down to the same lift). I hope I will have some more possibilites tomorrow or the day after.

Enjoyed today, rausmade?

Sure was a nice one here in Tokamachi.

Yea, it was so far the best day. It also became a bit more crowded this afternoon in and around Hasuike. I hope tomorrow more runs and lifts will be opened. I added some more pictures of today. I'd been to Kumanoyu (morning) and Yakebitaiyama (afternoon). Gondola 1 was opened the first time :-)

Kumanoyu

Kumanoyu

Kumanoyu

Kumanoyu

Kumanoyu

Kumanoyu

Kumanoyu

Kumanoyu

Yokateyama (from Kumanoyu)

Yakebitaiyama

Yakebitaiyama

Yakebitaiyama

Yakebitaiyama

Yakebitaiyama

Yakebitaiyama

Yakebitaiyama

Yakebitaiyama

Think that's enough pictures. Tomorrow is my last day of skiing. I hope the weather will be as good as today.

You are right, courses and lifts had been very empty. But today is Saturday; I guess it will be more crowded. In my hotel I was the only guest in the last 4 days, this morning in the breakfast room ~25 japanese guests welcomed me :-)

You are right, courses and lifts had been very empty. But today is Saturday; I guess it will be more crowded. In my hotel I was the only guest in the last 4 days, this morning in the breakfast room ~25 japanese guests welcomed me :-)

:lol:

nice one Raus.....conditions do look nice in your photos.

Today it was +7 degrees (celsius) at Ichinose in the valley; snow started to melt. I finished my ski day around noon because it was too hot to have fun. Apart from that it was a beautiful day; blue sky again and the sun was shining. More lifts had been opened; hopefully not only for this weekend. It as my last day of skiing here in Japan; tomorrow morning I go to Tokyo for 3 days! Wish you all a good ski season and a lot of good powder!