Let's changing IC names! (Toyoshina IC > Azumino IC)

安曇野市・豊科地域インターチェンジ名称検討協議会(会長:宮澤宗弘市長)は、長野自動車道(長野道)「豊科インターチェンジ(IC)」について、「安曇野IC」への名称変更に向けた準備を進めています。

このたび、平成24年6月27日に開催した第4回協議会において、平成24年10月7日に「豊科IC」の名称を「安曇野IC」に名称変更することを決定しましたので、お知らせします。

Basically, the Toyoshina IC on the Nagano Expressway - one that lots of folk get off at to get to Hakuba - is going to be changing name to Azumino IC from 7th October.

Here ends said newsflash!

Let's not mistaking.

I must say I find the claims that this will have an xxxx yen economic benefit very questionable.

fwiw, the best bit of Azumino City, a name which itself is only about seven or eight years old, is still known/branded as "Hotaka".

I dunno about winter, but for traffic, part of the pile up on national holidays is folks going to the wasabi place 2-3km north of the interchange.

I guess that if you head west from the interchange and go north away from it, say on 147, you can avoid it. Join the faster road once past it because 147 is slower and has lots of lights.

Its common to see traffic massively backed up at the wasabi place in summer.

The winter traffic is usually caused from road crews doing tire and chain checks. If you have ETC you can exit at the rest stop a few kms before the exit.

Oh...Really? I did not know that. Very cool.

Is it a slow ride up on the roads north to Hakuba though generally?

No, it's usually pretty good when there's no ski traffic. The roads are usually bare and only start to get snowy around Omachi.

:lol:

What's traffic usually like between there and Hakuba?

I always go the night before just so I don't get stuck in the Hakuba morning crawl. It can be a really painful 30 kms.

Isn't it just? We got stuck just by the turning for the Freshness Burger/Uniqlo complex. Stopped in Freshness Burger for a bit, and when we left, about 45 mins later, the traffic had barely moved.