• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ya...There are good and bad points with every rig. Set up and tear down are about 10 minutes each way. And you leave all your bedding in there so they are always made up. Big negatives for me are t

Yes, no problem. I take my LandCruiser every winter. With my wife, daughter and I it ends up being around 48,000 yen BUT that is with a private suite room cost included. AND.....low season. With out the suite room its quite a bit cheaper. Our return is during high season so it's 60,000 yen. So, try to stay away from peak Christmas and New years travel.

Price also depends on where you leave from. If you go from Niigata it can be really cheap BUT it can be the most miserable 15 hours of your life if you hit foul weather which is a very good chance in the winter....I did the Niigata route once...NEVER..EVER again. Our favorite route is from Ooarai in Ibaraki. It's quite a bit more in cost and time but it's usually calm for most of the trip. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Is there not one between the top of Honshu and Hokkaido? Surely there is. Dunno if that's the route you were thinking but if u were driving it'd be a shame to miss out on Zao and the many other Tohoku resorts

• 11 months later...

Hello all

I wanted to re-start this thread as myself and friend are looking at finding a camping car for this winter once again.

Unfortunately last year didn't happen in the end, but we have our flights to Japan for this year now, so no turning back :)

I was hoping somebody might be able to help me locate a camping car rental company. I'm having zero luck so far finding anything suitable less than 1 million yen for 3 months.

Anybody seen a camping car rental company about, that you can pass on their details to me please?

Cheers

That's the 10,000 yen a day deal it looks like. Pretty tough to beat that. Man...if I was more enterprising I would buy a slightly used rig and rent it out for 8000 yen a day. :confused: ... ;)

I can get my wife to call around a bit for you.

PM me your details.

That's the 10,000 yen a day deal it looks like. Pretty tough to beat that. Man...if I was more enterprising I would buy a slightly used rig and rent it out for 8000 yen a day. :confused: ... ;)

PM me your details.

If you find a better deal Chriselle. Could you please let me know too?

Thanks in advance.

Also, not sure about how to pm or do you get those details when I quoted your post?

PM me your details.

If you find a better deal Chriselle. Could you please let me know too?

Thanks in advance.

Also, not sure about how to pm or do you get those details when I quoted your post?

Sure, you bet. Umm... I think you just click on my username and that opens up the "send me a message".

are there any better deals than the toyota monthly rental?

that is what im looking at. toyota townace is like 120000 a month.

Which Townace is that....? If it's the piddly assed van you'll be right miserable..if you're thinking of sleeping in it.