The FOOTBALL Thread (2012-2013)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Images coming in from Man Utd  

Breaking News!   Apparently, Robin Van Persie has failed a medical at Manchester United. He has a severely damaged back after carrying a full squad last season.

Yey.   Beer and snacks ready  

soft penalty IMO

Mike is Mike Havenaar. His dad was a Dutch football player who played here back in the day. His parents are both Dutch but he was born over here. He used to play for Consadole Sapporo and Yokohama F Marinos. He now plays for Vitesse Arnhem

I asked my mrs that very question and she said "yes, if people knew who he was....if they didn't know him then they'd think he was gaij" .....so that's a no then :lol:

I noticed quite a few of the Japanese players looked foreign I know it happens with most countries but I was a bit shocked.

Not a bad result for eveyone though Aussies just need to qualify now

I noticed quite a few of the Japanese players looked foreign I know it happens with most countries but I was a bit shocked.

Not a bad result for eveyone though Aussies just need to qualify now

It's only Havenaar that looks like a foreigner. There aren't any non-Japanese playing for them

actually I watched it in the house....I just came back from the convini with a bag full of beer, cracked 1 open as the game kicked off when I thought...I probably should've headed to the pub to watch it, with the amount of aussies over here as well, it would've been a good atmosphere. A few mates in the Tokyo-Yokohama area couldn't get into their normal watering hole because it was so busy. The locals were definitely up for it.....but then they do like a good fad. All the teachers at work today were making a point coming up to me to speak about the game and how they love football......yet I can't remember being inundated with banter when Japan played Uzbekistan last year! :)

"Charlie's now at Stoke. I wish him well" :lol:

I just got Graeme le Saux's book from the one pound shop.

I don't like him so much as a pundit, but you get nowt for a poond these days!

The intro has a story about him going to Buckingham Palace and Phil the Greek asking Sol Campbell "What part of Jamaica are you from?"

His reply was "Walthamstow".

"Charlie's now at Stoke. I wish him well" :lol:

I just got Graeme le Saux's book from the one pound shop.

I don't like him so much as a pundit, but you get nowt for a poond these days!

The intro has a story about him going to Buckingham Palace and Phil the Greek asking Sol Campbell "What part of Jamaica are you from?"

His reply was "Walthamstow".

:lol:

Got to wonder if sometimes Phil doesn't just come up with them for the shits and giggles.