The FOOTBALL Thread (2012-2013)

A belated congrats to Chelsea. Maybe Torres had a dodgy pie or something because that was a flashback to the days of old. Also great to see JT making a fool of himself again. The biggest joke with the Europa League though is that CL clubs are allowed to drop into it. Like, err, both finalists this year.

Great to see Fwank get that Chelsea record. He's now fourth top scorer in Prem history. From midfield as well!

It does make a mockery of the competition, doesn't it?! I'd like it to go back to the set up before....only champs in champs league and the others in UEFA cup, knock out style. Do they still have group games in the UEFA?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Images coming in from Man Utd  

Breaking News!   Apparently, Robin Van Persie has failed a medical at Manchester United. He has a severely damaged back after carrying a full squad last season.

Yey.   Beer and snacks ready  

it just goes to show what a joke the europa league is.

Champions league should be for champions only, but then there wouldn't be a large enough field. You'd also get prank teams like the champs of Romania or Iceland

it just goes to show what a joke the europa league is.

Champions league should be for champions only, but then there wouldn't be a large enough field. You'd also get prank teams like the champs of Romania or Iceland

So what's wrong with that? Happened in the past and we had winners from the smaller countries too.....romance of the cup is dead. Elitism rules

Arsenal get it. Didn't see the game but apparently some pretty decent penalty shouts ignored.

Wonder if this will affect the position of Bale. He has been incredible this season.

5-5 for United!

Arsenal scraped in there, Spurs must be gutted esp. with those penalty calls.

Bale to somewhere is one of the stories of the summer it would seem. He probably wanted Wigan, but may be discouraged with us not being in the Premier League anymore.

Can't see Levy selling him to Man Utd though.

In the same way I can't see United selling Wazza to Chelsea.

Michael Owen grateful for absolutely undeserved Stoke City ovation as he ends career

I bet he was!

I cheekily added two words, can you guess which

Didn't start a game, didn't score. Did anyone earn so much for doing so little in the last however many years?

Owen received a standing ovation from all four corners of the ground as he left the field at the final whistle, calling time on a career that has taken him from Liverpool to mostly sitting on the bench for Real Madrid, Newcastle, Manchester United and Stoke.

But Owen was certain now was the right time to walk away. "There was a lump in my throat but not a tear in my eye. Your bum gets really sore sitting on the bench for 90 minutes every week," he added.

"I didn't really have a change of heart. When you've been accepting huge wads of cash for doing sod all for so long, it is tempting to continue fleecing people for more. But my bum was getting sore, you'd think they might have bought me a special cushion. It is not enjoyable when you cannot influence a game anymore, and sitting there with no cushion. I do like the cash though"

Harper for Newcastle.....spent million years on the bench behind Given, played a few games then got injured and resumed his spot on the bench behind the Dutch guy.

In the first two years at the Toon, Owen managed something like fifteen games for Newcastle but eighteen for England.

Sitting on the Newcastle bench would actually have been an improvement!

Owen received a standing ovation from all four corners of the ground as he left the field at the final whistle, calling time on a career that has taken him from Liverpool to mostly sitting on the bench for Real Madrid, Newcastle, Manchester United and Stoke.

But Owen was certain now was the right time to walk away. "There was a lump in my throat but not a tear in my eye. Your bum gets really sore sitting on the bench for 90 minutes every week," he added.

"I didn't really have a change of heart. When you've been accepting huge wads of cash for doing sod all for so long, it is tempting to continue fleecing people for more. But my bum was getting sore, you'd think they might have bought me a special cushion. It is not enjoyable when you cannot influence a game anymore, and sitting there with no cushion. I do like the cash though"

:lol:

Looks like Bale is signing for another year with Spurs. Shame.

Conflicting "reports" about that new deal or not at Spurs.

If he were for sale, he'd be pretty expensive one imagines.

I reckon Moyes will feel the need to make a statement with a purchase this summer. And I don't just mean some nice Manchester pies and beer. Whether he can or not remains to be seen. All this talk of him wanting Rooney to stay is disappointing though, I think I'd like to see him gone too. His ugly mug has been seen too much.

Footie season over.

Unless you are interested in watching repeats of Stoke vs QPR, remember to cancel those SkyPerfect subs folks!