The FOOTBALL Thread (2012-2013)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Images coming in from Man Utd  

Breaking News!   Apparently, Robin Van Persie has failed a medical at Manchester United. He has a severely damaged back after carrying a full squad last season.

Yey.   Beer and snacks ready  

I see Scholesy has retired (again)

Manchester United midfielder Paul Scholes has announced his retirement for a second time.

The 38-year-old first ended his career at the end of the 2010-11 season but returned to the side in January 2012 after admitting he missed playing.

Scholes signed a one-year deal last May and manager Sir Alex Ferguson expected this would be his final season.

A reason to love Paul Scholes, unconditionally, even if you support Manchester City or Liverpool. He's being interviewed by his former team-mate Gary Neville on Sky.

Q: Are you on Twitter or Facebook?

A: No. What's the point in telling people what you're doing?

:lol:

Classic Scholesy.

:thumbsup:

After the elation of last night, 'other results' aren't going Wigans way tonight.

Fair dues to those who got their results today.

Looks like its going to be us or Sunderland going down, with them in the better position of course. All over if we don't beat Arse on Tuesday.

:(

Well by some minor miracle, and two assists from two-time CL winner Jose Bosingwa, it won't be Newcastle. :party: :clap: :happyshades:

What a shit season though.

Congratulations to Wigan! One more trophy for Martinez than David Moyes ;)

I feel a bit sorry for Mancini, but I think he's too defensive. If getting Rodwell and Sinclair and not RVP was someone else's idea, then he's genuinely unlucky. Whatever happens, he was a huge step up from Mark Hughes, who set Citeh back at least three years and has been thoroughly discredited now at QPR. No doubt he'll still walk into a job as a pundit.

Well done Fergie, United... and Newcastle! Norwich really pulled their socks up too didn't they.

Can't think of anyone who would prefer Sunderland up over Wigan. Tough job though.