The FOOTBALL Thread (2012-2013)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Images coming in from Man Utd  

Breaking News!   Apparently, Robin Van Persie has failed a medical at Manchester United. He has a severely damaged back after carrying a full squad last season.

Yey.   Beer and snacks ready  

Raheem Shagwell!

We seem to be playing decent at times but simply can't get the result.

United are kind of the other way round, playing awful and getting the results.

It was a bit of a wacky game with Liverpool's midfield players seemingly in acres every time ManYoo lost possession. For all their possession though, Liverpool didn't create many chances, or chances that I noticed anyway.

Fantastic goal from Rafael. I might have been different if Liverpool had held their lead for a bit longer.

Nani was rubbish. Isn't he better on the right? For this kind of game, I think Rooney would be more involved than Kagawa and RVP.

Four-game ban and fine for Terry

The Football Association have confirmed that Chelsea captain John Terry has been banned for four games following his disciplinary hearing.

Terry denied the charge, but the commission ruled that he was guilty of misconduct during Chelsea's Premier League defeat at QPR on October 23 last year. As well as the ban, Terry has been fined £220,000.

The 31-year-old, who on Sunday announced his retirement from international football, can lodge an appeal against the panel's decision.

Terry's representatives, Elite Management, said in a statement released on his behalf: "Mr Terry is disappointed that the FA Regulatory Commission has reached a different conclusion to the clear not guilty verdict of a court of law.

"He has asked for the detailed written reasons of the decision and will consider them carefully before deciding whether to lodge an appeal."

An FA statement said: "An independent regulatory commission has today found a charge of misconduct against John Terry proven and has issued a suspension for a period of four matches and a fine of £220,000, pending appeal.

"The Football Association charged Mr Terry on Friday 27 July 2012 with using abusive and/or insulting words and/or behaviour towards Queens Park Rangers' Anton Ferdinand and which included a reference to colour and/or race contrary to FA Rule E3[2] in relation to the Queens Park Rangers FC versus Chelsea FC fixture at Loftus Road on 23 October 2011.

"The charge was the result of The FA's long-standing investigation into this matter, which was placed on hold at the request of the Crown Prosecution Service and Mr Terry's representatives pending the outcome of the criminal trial.

2 things puzzle me about the Terry affair...1. A court of law cleared him, surely the FA isnt saying its disciplinary procedures areole rigid than the law courts? And 2. Since they did go ahead and find him guilty, why was he only given half the game ban that Suarez got for the same offence?

The fact that Terry is a dick and deserves punished simply for that is enough for me.

"You are hereby sentenced to 4 games suspension and a 220k fine on the charge if being a total tosspot"

:lol:

My turn to post the weekends footie on telly

Saturday, 9:45pm

Arsenal vs Chelsea

Saturday, 11pm

Fulham vs Man City

Norwich vs Liverpool (come on Norwich!)

Sunday morning, 1:30am

Man Utd vs Spurs

Sunday, 11:30pm

Everton vs Southampton

Brendan Rodgers warns that Liverpool may start diving to get decisions

http://www.guardian....ool-luis-suarez

Gerrard and Suarez may start diving?? :huh: :wakaranai: :lol:

That is awesome! I have to assume this is a massive mind game to make other managers think hes a ****ing idiot.

"we arent getting decisions because people think Suarez is diving! Well if thats the case, i might have to the players to start diving to get decisions!"

Genius stuff there.