The FOOTBALL Thread (2012-2013)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Images coming in from Man Utd  

Breaking News!   Apparently, Robin Van Persie has failed a medical at Manchester United. He has a severely damaged back after carrying a full squad last season.

Yey.   Beer and snacks ready  

Liverpool two down now with only 15 mins left.

1 point from 9?

They could really use a big centre forward to try to hold the ball up and put pressure on the young Arsenal goalie. Have they got anyone who can do that?

Suarez reminds me of Tevez in his, Er, unlikeableness.

We were just absolutely bloody awful for 3/4 of that game.

I do actually feel bad for Southampton because they totally deserved to beat us.

What would we do without RvP? How wild does that sound, even now.

Scholes is our best midfilelder and he's like 63 now.

My gran would have been able to play better than Carrick and Welbeck.

And she's 85. And has arthritis.

:wakaranai:

I still can't quite comprehend why Fergie didn't strengthen mid-field.

Rodgers did not have an orthodox forward on the bench for Sunday's 2-0 home defeat by Arsenal and is now left to consider moves for the likes of Michael Owen, who is out of contract, and Didier Drogba, whose contract situation at Shanghai Shenhua could allow him to sign for another club.

"No," said Rodgers when asked whether he would have let Carroll leave, then "very" when quizzed about how confident he was of getting in a replacement.

And for the likes of Owen and Drogba?

"I can't say no. Any player I believe can improve the squad, I will look at," he said.

He should sign up Andy Carroll!

I can't understand what is going on.

Players like Carrick looked like they couldn't be arsed.

Did he just eat too many pies over summer?

United can't rely on Scholesy forever*.

Welbeck's just a bit rubbish and what's up with Nani?

(* probably)

Fergie's brought in Kagawa in the Dortmund role, so I reckon it's buggering up the other ManYoo attacking players who don't know what they should be doing. It may click eventually, but some of them look a bit lost at the moment. They won though, so that's the main thing.

ManYoo and Citeh leaking goals, so it might be a fun season.

With six games in the Europa League and the League Cup, I guess Liverpool are looking at twenty games with no striker on the bench if Suarez and Borini play. They always had one even in the days of one sub wearing number 12, usually David Fairclough. Shankley will be turning in his grave. Finishing was Liverpool's biggest problem last year, so its all a bit baffling tbh.

The Toon were poor again yesterday, but were saved by an absolute thunderbolt from Ben Arfa. That's not me talking over it btw (!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iwj_y1-jJs

It is you really though isn't it. ;)

Fergie's brought in Kagawa in the Dortmund role, so I reckon it's buggering up the other ManYoo attacking players who don't know what they should be doing

I reckon you might be right there. Would be a shame to put Kagawa out on the side though when he can be so effective where he is. He wasn't much cop on Sunday though, but that could be said for the whole team other than Robin.

Yeah Kugawa ;) wasn't much cop.

What I hate about games like this is just how much we don't seem to want it. The other team go full on, raising their game and putting in excellent effort performances and our dudes just look like they don't give much of a bovver about it.

It might not be actually the reality of the situation, but that's how it looks and it really annoys me no end that.

When Ben Arfa does that, I am incapable of sound. I just kind of dribble on my shirt.

Getting back to Liverpool, apparently they've invited the cameras in this year for a fly-on-the-wall thing called "Being Liverpool". The idea seems to be to get more fans in America, but history teaches us that these things rarely go well.The Graham Taylor one is now legendary, but its also been done at club level with Sunderland. That one switches between the board talking confidently about their big new stadium and the stock flotation to Peter Reid and Bobby Saxton effing and blinding non-stop at the players at half-time. "That was fookin mingin!" etc. etc. You can watch it on Google video off here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A42489417

Yeah Kugawa ;) wasn't much cop.

What I hate about games like this is just how much we don't seem to want it. The other team go full on, raising their game and putting in excellent effort performances and our dudes just look like they don't give much of a bovver about it.

It might not be actually the reality of the situation, but that's how it looks and it really annoys me no end that.

ManYoo have always been tactically versatile, and notably good at 4-4-2 which many observers keep saying is dead. Early days, but if Kagawa can find a place in formations aside from 4-2-3-1, he'll be a much bigger asset to the team.

The Everton game didn't but lots of ManYoo games seem to finish with the opponent defending deep under constant onslaught. Fitter and stronger is the standard explanation, but pacing themselves might be part of it too.

When Ben Arfa does that, I am incapable of sound. I just kind of dribble on my shirt.

Getting back to Liverpool, apparently they've invited the cameras in this year for a fly-on-the-wall thing called "Being Liverpool". The idea seems to be to get more fans in America, but history teaches us that these things rarely go well.The Graham Taylor one is now legendary, but its also been done at club level with Sunderland. That one switches between the board talking confidently about their big new stadium and the stock flotation to Peter Reid and Bobby Saxton effing and blinding non-stop at the players at half-time. "That was fookin mingin!" etc. etc. You can watch it on Google video off here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A42489417

Re Ben Arfa - I just watched the toon replay - Darren bent was dribbling on his shirt too after BA snotted him in the face with a full bodied strike from 3 feet away. - What a boot that little bloke has

OWEN TO JOIN STOKE

It's the worst-kept secret in football but the Daily Mail puts a figure on it - claiming it's now 'almost certain' that Michael Owen will sign a £1.5million-per-season, two-year deal at Stoke after Liverpool ruled out 'expensive, short-term quick fixes'. And it sounds like Brendan Rodgers is not sold on the idea anyway...