The FOOTBALL Thread (2012-2013)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Images coming in from Man Utd  

Breaking News!   Apparently, Robin Van Persie has failed a medical at Manchester United. He has a severely damaged back after carrying a full squad last season.

Yey.   Beer and snacks ready  

Hard to bear Wigan. Fwiw, I think I would actually take Newcastle being relegated if we won the FA Cup. A pact with the Devil may our only chance of silverware.

The biggest difference with the Second Division is that the strikers are much worse. You can make defensive errors and they won't be punished. Some shocking officials too.With their current philosophy, Wigan could do well.

Relegation is rough on the fans. TBH though I'm kinda glad that Wigan are down, they never really make a fist of it until the end of the season.....WTF is that all about?! They have been sailing close to the wind for a long long time and probably really should've been relegated before. (of course I feel sorry for you Pies)

Sorry to hear that this morning pie-eater.

As someone else said hope you can hold on to a decent squad and make it back up.

Nice thought, but how will that happen?

Not enough money to retain them, players wanting to play in the premier league etc. etc.

This is a couple of years' old but is a detailed look into Wigan's finances. The ones about other teams are interesting too.

http://swissramble.blogspot.jp/search/label/Wigan%20Athletic

Apparently 33 teams, or one and a half divisions' worth, of teams have won a domestic cup since Newcastle last did in 1955. I'm not looking it up, but I guess we'll have been relegated at least five times in that period. Last silverware was the Fairs Cup/UEFA/Europa League thing in 1969 so just in my lifetime! Aside from that, there's just the second division title and the Intertoto Cup.

Becks retires.

One article...

The trailblazing midfielder - who played for some of the biggest clubs in the world such as Manchester United, Real Madrid, AC Milan and Los Angeles Galaxy...

:lol: :lol:

Not that much excitement left now, but

Sunday midnight

Newcastle vs Arsenal

Chelsea vs Everton

Spurs vs Sunderland

Sunday 2:30am (?)

West Brom vs Man Utd

Liverpool vs QPR

Man City vs Norwich

I used to love Becks in those long ago days when he had floppy blond hair, you could actually still see his skin, oh yeah and when he was a brill player!

A belated congrats to Chelsea. Maybe Torres had a dodgy pie or something because that was a flashback to the days of old. Also great to see JT making a fool of himself again. The biggest joke with the Europa League though is that CL clubs are allowed to drop into it. Like, err, both finalists this year.

Great to see Fwank get that Chelsea record. He's now fourth top scorer in Prem history. From midfield as well!