The FOOTBALL Thread (2012-2013)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Images coming in from Man Utd  

Breaking News!   Apparently, Robin Van Persie has failed a medical at Manchester United. He has a severely damaged back after carrying a full squad last season.

Yey.   Beer and snacks ready  

I don't know, haven't heard much from Liverpool actually other than seemingly wanting to get rid of Carroll at a huge loss!

UNITED IN FOR COLE

Right, never let it be said that we don't bring you the finest bullsh*t in all the land.

The People reports that Manchester United are looking at making a bid for Ashley Cole.

Yes. We know.

The paper claims United are so desperate to sign a left-back to replace the 31-year-old Patrice Evra that they are 'seriously considering' a move for the 31-year-old Cole.

Can't we just do without a left back?

I think I'd prefer that.

:veryshocked:

I like Ashley Cole a lot as a footballer, but what a grade A knob. That's even on top of the sympathy I have for him because apparently Cheryl moved her mother in after they were married.

That Brazilian kid ManYoo are after looks seriously rubber-legged on Youtubes. I hope they get him. He's got some wicked tricks.

Moura was due to travel to Manchester for a medical today ahead of sealing his move from Sao Paolo. He is currently in this country as part of the Brazilian Olympic squad.

Ferguson remained in England yesterday while his team travelled to Norway for a friendly on Sunday.

The Scot is also applying pressure in his attempt to sign Robin van Persie from Arsenal.

Ah well, Charity Shield on Sunday so the proper football is about to start.

For the hell of it, here are some predictions. They'll almost certainly be more big transfers to come, but whatever. Feel free to quote them and laugh at them in a couple of months' time.

Title between Manchester clubs, Citeh if they buy a Citeh level wide player and center half cover to replace Savic.

Without Citeh blowup (possible with Mancini and the egos), ManYoo must strengthen defensively to become champions.

Arsenal definite CL if they don't lose Song.

One if not two of AVB, Di Matteo and Rodgers will not last the season. Rodgers looks the most likely.

Chelsea and Spurs' seasons both very manager dependent. Maybe Chelsea's new players will ease them through.

Newcastle to fall to seventh/eighth if not lower with Thurs-Sunday schedule from Europa league.

Swansea to do as well if not better under Laudrup.

Villa to improve under Lambert, possible surprise package for 6th/7th.

The clearest indication Moura was looking elsewhere was that Ferguson jetted out of Manchester prior to Brazil's Olympic semi-final win over South Korea on Tuesday night, when the midfielder was an unused substitute.

It seems United simply could not compete with PSG's Qatari-backed spending power.

Following the huge purchases of Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva, Ferguson stated the world had 'gone mad'.

"I find it quite amazing that a club can pay 45million euros for a 19-year-old boy," said the Scot.

"To tell everyone that PSG are here they've signed Thiago Silva and Zlatan Ibrahimovic. They must have spent about £150m in the last month.

Ah well, Charity Shield on Sunday so the proper football is about to start.

For the hell of it, here are some predictions. They'll almost certainly be more big transfers to come, but whatever. Feel free to quote them and laugh at them in a couple of months' time.

Title between Manchester clubs, Citeh if they buy a Citeh level wide player and center half cover to replace Savic.

Without Citeh blowup (possible with Mancini and the egos), ManYoo must strengthen defensively to become champions.

Arsenal definite CL if they don't lose Song.

One if not two of AVB, Di Matteo and Rodgers will not last the season. Rodgers looks the most likely.

Chelsea and Spurs' seasons both very manager dependent. Maybe Chelsea's new players will ease them through.

Newcastle to fall to seventh/eighth if not lower with Thurs-Sunday schedule from Europa league.

Swansea to do as well if not better under Laudrup.

Villa to improve under Lambert, possible surprise package for 6th/7th.

And where's Wigan in that prediction? CL spot, for sure.

Though I will need to do more analysis when I'm back to Japan after my beer and pies fest.

These things take time, as Mozzer once said.