The FOOTBALL Thread (2012-2013)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Images coming in from Man Utd  

Breaking News!   Apparently, Robin Van Persie has failed a medical at Manchester United. He has a severely damaged back after carrying a full squad last season.

Yey.   Beer and snacks ready  

good game. Both sides played well, Germany being the main attacking thrust but coming up short when they reached the 18 yard box. They really need a new striker, Klose and Gomes are getting on and Podolski gets played out wide. Italy sat back, defended well and hit on the break with some great passing moves. Ballotelli's 2nd was a great finish. Similar to the one he missed against England, ball played long and he beat the offside trap but this time hammered home from the edge of the area. His first was a good move too, defender was poor with him and he bulleted a header past the keeper

Some brilliant play from Spain there. Much more incisive than their earlier matches. Two fantastic first-half goals.

Italy can still go home having exceeded expectations.

agreed, unfortunately the game was over as a competition when Thiago Motta got carried off......he was Italy's 3rd sub and they had no way back then

I never really got into Euro at all.

Looking forward to late August now for the start of the season. Still can't quite believe Man City won the Premier League. It just doesn't sound right!

FIFA secretary general Jerome Valcke has defended the organisation's rankings which has placed England fourth in the world and Brazil 11th.

What can one do, other than laugh one's face off?!

:lol:

4th? Yes that sounds just about right. :lol:

I see we are going to at last get the electronic eyes in footie. Not soon enough.

On to far more interesting news.

Kagawa signs for United, turns down the Number 7 shirt, and enjoys some fruit and snacks on a lovely table cloth

Mjqug.jpg

Seriously though, he seems like a really decent lad. Looking forward to seeing him play and hope he does well.

His girlfried is also really decent and looks like she can play in lots of different positions.

Thought you fellow football fans would enjoy this - it's a crack up

I think it is written and performed by some very brave Kiwi's

The ignorant majority in my country consider football (soccer to them) to be gay compared to Rugby, Rugby League and Aussie Rules. :omg:

I must admit that though I prefer real football, I do watch the other codes as well.

I am not gay.......................................not that there is anything wrong with that. :)