Where do you get your news from?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Do you read the newspaper?

• Asahi Shimbun
    • Mainichi Shimbun
    • Yomiuri Shimbun
    • Domestic English-language press (Japan Times, International Herald Tribune, ...)
    • Foreign newspaper
    • Other
    • None
  2. 2. Do you watch TV news?

• NHK
    • Houdou Station
    • Other Japanese news program
    • Foreign news program (CNN, BBC, ...)
    • Other
    • None
  3. 3. Do you get your news from the internet?

• Japanese mainstream news online (NHK, Asahi, Mainichi, Yomiuri, ...)
    • Foreign mainstream news online
    • I get all the news I need from SnowJapan!
    • Other
    • None

Often find myself watching the NHK 9 o-clock news or Hodo Station on tv and read scan over some main news sites (guardian, telegraph) from home.

The bloke doing the NHK 9 o clock does a great job I reckon. He's from Niigata as well, Teradomari actually.

Hardly ever watch BBC World or CNN now. They're just rubbish really aren't they.

Shall we use the newspaper question "Other" as meaning "none" - I bet that's most people and we need to vote in each question.

That's what I did anyway.

I just watch a bit of Japanese news and read stuff online.

Often find myself watching the NHK 9 o-clock news or Hodo Station on tv and read scan over some main news sites (guardian, telegraph) from home.

Yeah, I'll usually watch NHK 9:00 and/or Hodo Station.

The bloke doing the NHK 9 o clock does a great job I reckon. He's from Niigata as well, Teradomari actually.

He is good, I like him.

Also really liked Mizuno, the genpatsu-setsumei dude from last year. Don't see much of him these days, unfortunately.

Hardly ever watch BBC World or CNN now. They're just rubbish really aren't they.

Yeah, don't have much use for them.

But, what I really like is the physical newspaper in the morning. :wub:

Perhaps that makes me a bit of a :grandpa: , but somehow even reading the exact same story on the net is just not as satisfying.

Not many newspaper readers so far.

I have a look through my g/f's Japanese paper but that's about it.

Otherwise, it's online stuff. But I try not to get to filled up with "news".

I must admit, I don't get much news.

Every now and again I will watch the NHK news, but it's probably once or twice a week.

And that's it. I don't want to be loaded down with it all and I feel lighter because of it.

NHK 7:00 bilingual ... for the sole reason to get more irritated to cap off a long frustrating day... :sj-lol: Those chicks doing the translating need a slap... the dude's not too bad.

Oh, and my continued NHK discontent fuels my tirades at the unsuspecting NHK funds collectors.. :sj-lol:

NHK 7:00 bilingual ... for the sole reason to get more irritated to cap off a long frustrating day... :sj-lol:

I don't know how you can cope with that.

I'd rather only understand it about 75% than listen to those gratingly annoying US-style voiceovers.

It's my twisted pleasure... My wife gets mad at me ...yelling at the TV. The two women announcers are always getting hung up mid sentence which I find both amusing and infuriating. The sports translations are the best..... "Giants over Orix 3 scores to one".......scores?? :confused: :angry: :sj-lol:

NHK 7:00 bilingual ... for the sole reason to get more irritated to cap off a long frustrating day... :sj-lol:

I don't know how you can cope with that.

I'd rather only understand it about 75% than listen to those gratingly annoying US-style voiceovers.

I've been out drinking with that guy a couple of times.......his wife is smoking!!! :evilgrin:

I make mine up. Which is probably what most news outlets do anyway.

:)

Oh but ever so seriously. I often seem to catch Hodou Station or whatever it's called at 10pm. Even though I find the man somewhat irritating and over-dramatic.

And I read a few of the main UK news websites.

I often end up watching one of the news programs that comes on around 11pm.

Not keen on the 9:53pm Hodo Station dude either, Mr NHK much better.

I must admit, I don't get much news.

Every now and again I will watch the NHK news, but it's probably once or twice a week.

And that's it. I don't want to be loaded down with it all and I feel lighter because of it.

I know someone who lives in the country and works from home and basically doesn't watch any news.

It doesn't seem to cause him too many problems.

In fact, I'd probably say he is one of the people I know enjoying his lifestyle most.

I remember when I first got CNN and BBC on Sky. Loved it! But very quickly got bored by it and I almost never put it on now.

I wish we could have Fox News - for the comedy value of course.