• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looks familiar but cant place a name to it. Will put on my thinking cap

Tsugaike Kogen

That it is. Named after (and co-developed by the owners of) Hunter Mountain ski area in New York, USA.   Over to you, Muikabochi.

No, only the one. Sorry, you answer further back was Lake Toya, which was the lake in the picture, but the answer I was looking for was Windsor Snow Resort, the private ski field for the Windsor Hotel.

Correction, see MagSevens post below.

That's the ocean in the photo above. There is another ski area called Orofure which is sometimes known as Toya, but it's quite a way away from the lake itself. The Windsor Hotel's ski slope is right on the ridge between the lake and the ocean. ( I know this as I was looking for it on Google Earth earlier!)

And 'Get in!' is a British saying. It just means 'Yes!' or 'Yatta!' kind of thing. Kind of thing you'd shout if your team scored a goal.

Anyway, my next photo. (I'm really running out of photos to post now!) Check out how steep it is....

med_gallery_11253_201_3188404.jpg

gallery_12115_186_44802.jpg

I'm not too sure if I got this right, the water in the background is definitely the ocean, but the big ski run at Windsor Hotel goes down to the lake. As below.

img_map_0.jpg

Hopefully the picture I put up is of the Ski area and Activity area. However I must apolagise to all who took turns at guessing as I thought the picture was of the run to the lake

That's the ocean in the photo above. There is another ski area called Orofure which is sometimes known as Toya, but it's quite a way away from the lake itself. The Windsor Hotel's ski slope is right on the ridge between the lake and the ocean. ( I know this as I was looking for it on Google Earth earlier!)

And 'Get in!' is a British saying. It just means 'Yes!' or 'Yatta!' kind of thing. Kind of thing you'd shout if your team scored a goal.

Anyway, my next photo. (I'm really running out of photos to post now!) Check out how steep it is....

med_gallery_11253_201_3188404.jpg

Brought forward to new page

One can just make out the company name ニュージャパン on the white sign board, from which a bit of web searching led to the answer.

Wow, impressive detective work!