Nishi-Hotakadake.

gallery_10844_186_93100.jpg

lol. Yes! I love the google earth usage. It is infact the Shin-Hotaka ropeway and the peak is Nishi-Hotaka. I really recomend this area. Not for riding, but for pure beauty.

Over to you Metabo Oyaji

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looks familiar but cant place a name to it. Will put on my thinking cap

Tsugaike Kogen

That it is. Named after (and co-developed by the owners of) Hunter Mountain ski area in New York, USA.   Over to you, Muikabochi.

It is not a skijo, but when I was there I kept wishing I had my board. I wouldn't really want them to turn the place into a full on resort, but a tasteful sized skijo with a few nice long runs would be awesome in this area.

There apparently used to be a smallish ski area under the ropeway, with some chairlifts in the lower half, and a long expert-level course from the top of the ropeway, but it closed for good in 2003.

I've been there once, in summer, and it has been quite a few years, but I seem to remember there being a free, river-side rotemburo on the drive up.

Well, I guess I don't really have any more clues I can offer for the first question.

I am still hoping that someone will be able to Name That Ski Area, but if nobody recognizes it (or figures it out by other means) by tomorrow night, I will award this one to Black Mountain, for at least getting the second question.

grungy: yes, it is the dog from the Softbank commercials, the latest one of which starts out at a ski area. Unfortunately, I don't actually know which one, so cannot offer a map.

Looks like nobody else recognizes it either...

...so over to Black Mountain, for at least getting the source.