Your proudest moments on the slopes - post 'em here

Mine was the first time I negotiated a run without falling over.

I felt real good, still looked like a complete beginner to anyone else. It's what's inside that counts \:\)

Looking for my next to be when I can negotiate powder without looking like an idiot.

\:D

This ski year has gotta be meeting the Mogul Mashers here at Misawa. It's been awesome! Have been able to meet some really cool people. It's all bout friends getting together and doing what we truely love! That's one of the greatest feelings in the world! Skiing, boarding, or just laying out in the snow. It's all good :-)

I hate sounding like I am bragging, but man I felt so good when I was able to clear the new big waterfall jump they have in the park at 47 today. And to nail the grab by the time we had to leave...awesome! Barok was able to throw some huge shit off both the biggies today too. It was a really great drive home.

gotta bring the camera up there first, but yeah, plenty of spring days - waaaaay stoked. early morning when the jumps are groomed and not rutted out is the best time to hit those biggies.

awesome day today - the feeling of hitting big, perfectly groomed man-made terrain as hard as you can and stomping it is almost as good a feeling as those perfect lines down steep, powder-filled bowls, or between the trees.

almost. . .

ah my proudest... i havent been boarding for that long so they are only small achivements...!

i was proud to watch drew nail the rail!

but my proudest was when i was skating long a flat i picked up enuff speed i flicked my binding back put my foot in and clicked it up all in motion no fallin no sitting perfect! was magic! ... i have flows...! \:\)

i think it cause i cant skate very well added to the specialness of the achivemnt! hehae

scouser, did the rail nail you several times first?

I've wracked my brains for a proudest moment, but can't think of a single one. I guess my progress has been so gradual that there's no one moment I can point to and say "Wow, I just did my first whatever!"

However, I'm glad that I can recover from near-spills, do small jumps, ride powder with more finesse, and have some decent kit at last.

for me it's gotta be the first-time things:

*first time I did linked turns all the way down

*first time in the pow (oh my back leg burnt!)

*first time going between the trees

*first time off the jumps

--still haven't gotten into the back-country yet, so that leaves at least one thing I'm really looking forward to

coming off of the nutty hip at the bottom of the challenge run in Naeba - way to fast and with a bad line, crashing, folding myself in half via a head first back of head-head clanger and having pukey headache syndrome for only 3 runs after!!

\:o Survival makes me proud.

proud moments....there are a few...

1) my first clean slalom run in college...what a feeling to bash through the gates from top to bottom without a hitch...my time still sucked, but it was such a rarity for me to finish that my first was a treasure

2) my powder breakthrough run...the run I figured out how to make it down w/out falling, and truly enjoying the entire pow pow thing...no looking back from then...it was in Chamonix france too...cool

3) my first "backcountry" trip...we were all young and stupid and totally unprepared and clueless, but came out unscathed...about a 2hr hike to some peak, put my skiis on at the tippy top summit...cool feeling...then almost pissing myself when I realized how steep the first turns were...made it down, not pretty, but huge rush...I was beeming with pride...

hopefully more on the way!

danz