Jogging / Cycling / Getting fit 2012

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll just munch on my pizza tonight I reckon and crack open some beers.

I got off to a late start this year, but I'm now up to ten miles, so I get to run around the local lake and there and back. It's all on tarmac, but there are very few cars, and the scenery is great.

Anything but anal

Today i exorcised the ghost of Hijiri kogen. Ill have up a few pics, but i dont think theres any really worth it. Did the full climb without alking any of it. Took a wee breather half way up for ten minutes at the observation platform around obasute station. I feel a bit knackered, but its good to get a grade 1 climb under my belt. The road coming down Ubasute yama was awesome fun to come down on (except the very end part). Single lane, completely unused, super twisty, and full of rain debris (stones, broken trees, leaves).

I got off to a late start this year, but I'm now up to ten miles, so I get to run around the local lake and there and back.

It's all on tarmac, but there are very few cars, and the scenery is great. It's my favourite run.

20080918-3-thumb-400x266-229.jpg

• Like 1

have a gym now. its a trifling eleven kms from my house, and i aint got a car. And dont use the buses. So er, 20km round trip shenanigans. Admittedly i kind of cheat since the first 5kms are on the way to work in the morning. But 4 days a week... 20kms (and 10 on non gym days)... i think im on course for 1000km/year. :)

• 2 weeks later...

My getting fit at the moment goes like this...

Work out and eat well during the week... lose a kilo.

Drink some beer on the weekend... put on a kilo.

I think I need to cut the beer from my diet if I seriously want to get in shape.