• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

definitely missed the zerker. But the dude who now onws it ****ing loves it. And that makes me happy. He said he feels really confident riding it. He did get a few face plants from it, but thats more the conditions i suspect (it got slushy in the morning and in the afternoon when the sun hid for a while, it started getting like cement). For him it feels a bit too stiff to press (for me its kinda effortless), but once he loosens up on the board and starts getting a feel for it im pretty sure he'll be buttering it all over the place. Seriously, the deck is kick ass.

hey mick, if you see the zerker on sale and you dont buy it, tell me how much it is, because honestly i would buy another one in a shot :)

jesus, freezing level is shooting back up, saturday morning in nagano/niigata is gonna blow :) Though the top of mitsumata... i mean er, kagura area might be alright.

I reckon this time what im going to do (assuming i dont leave my wallet somewhere stupid for a third week in a row), is arrive at kagura, buy the double ticket then take advantage of the god awful morning weather to get the shuttle bus to naeba. Then i can dump my stuff in a locker there, spend two days riding it so i can finish at naeba at 3 or 4 instead of having to finish at 1.30 just to get the dragondola back and traverse tashiro.

Im also taking the scope out for its first ride this season. Its going to be kinda fun on a super soft board after a season on both the riot and the zerker.

wadagoya is fully booked this week and next week. Might therefore be time to make use of the old free ticket to the hakuba alps zones. Probably play in happo1 over iwatake though (tsugaike can take a running jump).

Don't say things you can't take back!! Rain?!! lol

Hoping to head to Hakuba Sunday (for real this time)

Just looked at a extended forecast for Hakuba....Looks like alot of rain saturday & snow sunday.

Arrived in Hakuba last night and it had been snowing all day, so today should be a good one! :D

Am here for 2 days then heading over to Ryuoo Ski Park though yeah, looks like both temperatures and freezing levels are rising for the weekend!! :thumbsdown:

I'm going to go see me Gran this weekend.

:lol:

Thought for a moment you meant Grandeco in Fukushima!! ;)

Just got back from a mid-week trip to Nagano, so am having the weekend off!! :thumbsup:

thsi weekend i learned something about snow.

Having never carried a season beyond mid march (season 1 ended at march, season 2 ended mid march thanks to injury, three and four pretty much ended afrter coming back to korea), i learned that slackcountry snow turns into grip tape. If its remotely ungroomed, you need a speedboat and waterskis if you plan on moving.

This weekend goes down as a meh weekend. It was alright. If i had loads of money it would have been alright, but for the first time i mentally calcluated my yuzawa costs (about 28,000 for the weekend), now that ive lost my nice cheap local train and as staying routinely in wadagoya. I reckons for that kind of money its going to have to be a little better than meh. :)

Naeba saved it again. Kagura was just near constant rain, which of course pissed me off since i dont have windshield wipers on my goggles. I would probably have been drier jumping in the ****ing lake to be honest. At least i could have done it gnarly style and got back in to my nice dry clothes... Bit wet is what im trying to say : )

You should have seen it dude...

Near constant rain.

Queues for the gondola that stretched way into the car park, and queues up on the top lift that took almost 20 minutes even using the 1 person ninja line.

And super sticky snow.

Youd think that would equal the worlds shittiest weekend. Still, had an alright time since i was on the scope and could just spin and butter about a bit :) 5/10. conditions were about 2/10.