Had one of the best weekends of the season from Saturday to Monday. Thank you final exams for the day off.

Got to ski trees and push out to some semi open lines on Friday. On Saturday we road some high Alpine type

lines which were good. I even think I say a certain SJ photo taker snapping pics of the lines that people were

hitting. The Video is a bit long close to 15 minutes.

http://www.snowjapanforums.com/index.php/videos/view-48-hakuba-daze/

9/10 times the music wrecks the video anyway IMO. Ditch the music and people can either turn the sound down or put their own music on.

Weither it's music or the raw sound of the footage when it comes to turning it down, does it really matter?

I guess it does when your video is being blocked for copyright infringment!

in which case there is nothing to turn down if it's blocked, what I asked was,

Weither it's music or the raw sound of the footage when it comes to turning it down, does it really matter? .

I underlined the part of the question you seemed not to have read. But I do agree that if he ditches the music, then the copy right infringement problems will be no more.

LOL my apology was completely sarcastic! I have no idea why you decided to get on my case but I find the fact that you accepted my apology quite hilarious.

I can go toe to toe with the best of them, I just choose not to. Your either have an issue with my comment (which I doubt as there was nothing directed at you), perhaps you are the spokesman for an organisation of copyright infringers or perhaps you have some kind of pent up aggression toward me that finally came to a head and you decided to "let her rip". I am not sure but as I said I do find it quite a laugh.

This thread was just a guy trying to show his video of stoke and you turned it into a personal attack. Hopefully when he sorts the vid out the thread can return normal. Sorry to the OP.

Your reply is not necessary, take it easy brother.

"Sand in my Vagina" :lol:

classic name

Yeah Rider, I can't view it either.......looking forward to though, as those pics of Muika's which you are alluding too, showed someone had carved some damn fine lines

It is absolutely ridiculous. What kind of loses do you think they incur when someone puts a song they like (and probably bought themselves) in a homemade video? Youtube links directly to iTunes anyway. I've bought several songs I heard for the first time in homemade videos.

Btw, I'm looking forward to the edit when you get the chance Rider69.

• Like 1

You are right BM, people putting music into their home videos should be viewed by the record companies as free advertising for their songs. IMHO, this is completely different to illegally downloading music, although technically to the letter of the law, it is still copyright infringement...

while that is true, I think the lines are becoming very blurred nowadays. If you buy a CD/song and want to put it on your own video, which is in no way a business or a profit making vehicle, whats the difference between that and playing the song over your CD player so that your friends, neighbours, people passing can hear it too? :wakaranai:

• Like 1

I used to help run a record label before coming to Japan (that's where my handle comes from). If people in the industry can't even agree on what constitutes copyright infringement (never mind the authorities who enforce the rules) then I hardly think you can make such cut and dry argument like the ones above. Laws written 30-40 years ago (even ones from 10 years ago) don't have much relevance now. And on a final note, documentary filmmaking, noncommerical videos and educational uses are currently exempt from (most) copyright laws.