so i think they were discussing on the japanese forum, but i don't know so much japanese. anyways, does anyone partake in beer during their lunch break? i always see japanese people having some. does this happen in other countries?

I guess that beer isnt that much more expensive than other beverges on the slopes here? Someone I used to ride with always had a beer at lunch and they reckoned they had carbohydrates in it so keeps you going confused.gif . I certianly used to feel good after lunch \:D

Not anymore. I used to, but it just ruined the afternoon - it had all sorts of painful consequences.

Everything in due season.

They have a 1 hr 500 yen nomihodai in one of the restaurants at Nozawa. That sounds like a recipe for disaster. How the hell does that square with the 'Alpine Code'?

Beer at lunch is a must! Always! and then on the slopes after lunch, and then on the way home, and then....well, you get the picture. The slopes are usually uncrowded after lunch anyway. Everyone else is drunk, so you might as well join the party!

Actually, I always get drunk on accident. I love watching the automatic beer machines pour a perfect mug of beer with a perfect head. After watching 10 or 12 times, I usually have trouble finding my skis. Last time I did this I had one Rossi 169cm and one Volkl 190cm. That was interesting!

....uh, til 5 AM! HAHAHAH, ughhhh, 'was that a tree - didn't feel it - hey, what's that whooshing sound in my pack? Crap! the beer is leaking! The beer is leaking! Thank God/Buddah/Neptune/Alah/et.al there is a beer machine down below. can't let that tree get away with that stuff. Angry Man - you're mine!

I wish SF - just another tough day at the office. My second job is coordinating ski trips for 125 members of the 'Mogul Masher' ski club here. I tend to get a bit loopy after a full day of 'real' work and then doing club stuff all night. I hope nobody on here takes me too seriously - I'm usually multitasking between doing input on an access database, returning the 20 or so emails I get, and trying to post on here. I really would love to contribute some maps and reviews to this site but it's going to have to wait until this Summer. I just finished a great map of the Tohoku ski areas for base morale purposes (um, yeah) that I would love to submit. I'd love to do it for all of Japan. I just don't have the free time to do it right now. As I type, I'm waiting for the damn roster for tomorrows trip to print out.

Sorry man, I just try to have fun on here without offending anyone too bad. I could use some more wine though. 4:30Am is getting close, however, and I have to lead a group on Hakkoda tomorrow. Luckily, they are all friends, so this will be a really easy trip.

• SnowJapan Admin

We're open all the time, every day of the year, so you can submit them when you have time Plucky.

Same goes for the map - send any ideas you have on to us if you want.... editor@snowjapan.com

Cheers

Quote:
Originally posted by Plucky:

Sorry man, I just try to have fun on here without offending anyone too bad.
You dont offend me mate. You actually remind me of a good mate. Are you a rec coordinator on the base there or something? Best of both worlds eh, I used to loooooooove going down to Yokosuka for a "weekend in America". You and Ripper sound big time military at times I think \:\)