from Wikipedia......I didn't even read it :lol:

Ivy Bridge is the Ivy Bridge is the codename for Intel's 22 nm die shrink of the Sandy Bridge microarchitecture. The first to use tri-gate ("3D") transistors, Ivy Bridge processors will be backwards-compatible with the Sandy Bridge platform requiring only a BIOS/firmware update.[1][2] Intel also plans a new 7-series Panther Point chipsets with Ivy Bridge that will come with integrated USB 3.0.[3]

Intel announced that it had begun production of Ivy Bridge chips in volume in the third quarter of 2011, in preparation for the product launch.[4][5] It planned to begin sale of the processors to middlemen in the last quarter of 2011,[6] with retail availability from April 2012[7] and one source specifying April 8.[8]

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah that´s right. Not everyone can buy a new mac every 2 years. I did´t expect to do a OS major update twice in 5 years, and they apparently didn´t work well for some people who did it. I stuck to

GG I have been using macs for 6 years now. My brother put me on to them, he's been using macs since 1988! Yep quite the nerd.

I not sure about all the techy specy stuff but I find the compatibility between iPhoto, iMovie, iTunes, iDVD etc. works quite well. It's really easy to put a quick video together.

One thing my brother said was try to steer away from 'windows apps written for Macs'. He says the Mac versions are just as good as the windows programs and work much better on a mac system. Not sure if that's true or not but hey, you were after personal experiences right?

GG I have been using macs for 6 years now. My brother put me on to them, he's been using macs since 1988! Yep quite the nerd.

I not sure about all the techy specy stuff but I find the compatibility between iPhoto, iMovie, iTunes, iDVD etc. works quite well. It's really easy to put a quick video together.

One thing my brother said was try to steer away from 'windows apps written for Macs'. He says the Mac versions are just as good as the windows programs and work much better on a mac system. Not sure if that's true or not but hey, you were after personal experiences right?

All good Mantas. Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a play around on and iMac and MacBook Pro today.

Fun it was, learnt a bit in a short time.

One thing though that comes across is just how dead sexy it all is compared with pc stuff.

Even the accessories and stuff look sexy.

Must wait until they update would regret if I buy not only to be more sexy for the same price in 3 months.

we just bought ourselves an iMac....and usually I don't really care so much for the aesthetics of tech stuff, but GG you are totally right, its a beautiful piece of kit!! I am well impressed and am looking forward to the next few days playing around with it and seeing what it can do. It was surprisingly cheap, 87k. Best thing as well, my misses paid for all of it :D

Are you totally new to Apple, TB?

I just can't understand how they can be so sleek and sexy when PCs just don't seem to be able to 'get' that.

Perhaps it's something to do with Apple doing both the hardware and software and having full control over it's world or whatever.

I'm going to get either a big notebook or the imac once they get refreshed before summer hopefully.

And 87,000? The Apple site has iMacs 'from 108,000 yen. You didn't go sell your body again did you to make up the rest? (Obviously you'd need to do that many times to make up the 20,000+ yen there)

;)

MacBook Air looks like a cool combination of size, weight and performance. Conversely the MacBook Pro seems very expensive and for a "Pro" machine it doesn't seem to outperform much cheaper Windows laptops in benchmarks.

:lol:

yeah new to Apple, I have an ipod but thats the only Apple product. Its awesome looking....t5aking a bit getting used to the different way of doing things......no right button on the mouse is weird.....BUT the mouse itself is cool.....use it like a smart screen on an iphone or ipad, cool as.

missus found it online.

MB.....my mouse doesn't do anything like that. click on the right side and it only does the sam as if you click on any other part of it

I am a Mac noob myself, but I discovered this worked by accident. A quick google-fu tells me there are a few different mousies out there, but if yours is a new one and it doesn't click like the right button when you click that side that you should be able to change the by going into your settings and enabling it.

Mine works like a track pad also, a few times I have wriggled my hand on it (especially after a long session) and the page disappears like I swiped the iPad! Funky tech, but sometimes overwhelming.

its a mouse but also has features of the pad....no wheel, just scroll by stroking :evilgrin: the mouse, swipe the pages away.......I'll have a google and see what cool things turn up

My friend has been with Mac since, well right from the beginning.

I get the feeling he resents them possibly becoming more 'mainstream' and 'dumbing down' now.

Elitist! ;)

My friend has been with Mac since, well right from the beginning.

I get the feeling he resents them possibly becoming more 'mainstream' and 'dumbing down' now.

Elitist! ;)

Glad to be your friend... ;) I said all that back on page 2.