Bob (the tech dude) says.....

• SnowJapan Admin

In light of our current server move that is ongoing right at this moment, more on that here, Bob (the tech dude) has created an endlessly fun game.

If you go here:

http://www.snowjapan.com/bob.htm

....he'll tell you if you are currently on the old or the new server.

Exciting stuff hey?

Actually this is helping us monitor the situation as well, but as it's so much fun, I thought we'd share. ;)

• SnowJapan Admin

Basically, we created 2 versions of the "Bob" file. One that says old and one that says new. Uploaded the 'old' on to the old server and the 'new' one to the new server.

The domain name 'snowjapan.com' has been set to point to the new server, but that flushing out through the internet can take a day or two - usually less.

So some people can see the old and some can see the new.

Unfortunately, we are still on old and so we can't really get to work fixing up any problems just yet.

Funny, last week we changed over 30+ domain names, and they all pretty much took hours to change. Trust the most important one to take much longer (for us)!

• SnowJapan Admin

Hmm it is really taking it's time which Bob isn't too happy about... all we can do for now really is just wait.

Emails are very wonky as well at the moment and the weather forecast data and Now reports might be wonky today as well - some posted to old and some to new. If we have the old we will later on post them over to the new.

Word for the day..... wonky!

• SnowJapan Admin

Seems to be on and off here the last 15 minutes, changing between the two states.

Email is very weird.

Sadly we seem to have "lost" our Niseko Now report today.... it was posted, but is neither on the old or new server. Very strange, I need to get Bob on that to see if we can recover it from... wherever it is!!

I'll be very glad when this is all over!