indosnm- you're right. this year, a new board, boots, bindings, mittens, and a season pass put a big dent in my wallet. but now every weekend is pretty cheap since i just spend money on food, chu-his, and onsens.

yeah, I have spent a ridiculous sum of money, and I am at the point now, where I am always riding, so I am always wearing out my gear - As it is right now, I need to replace a bunch of stuff.

But yeah, snowboarding is way more positive than alot of the stuff I was doing before I started riding, so I figure it's well worth it.

well there isnt much ive spent on that could be done any cheaper so i guess..ummm...a lot!

i recently did a rough estimate of daily costing over all days riding (since birth)including gear but not airfares (never been on a "ski trip"), and decided, as i guess most others have, that doing the estimate was a pretty silly idea.

I was wondering what the collective worth of gear must be on any given mountain. Even if you do it conservatively person has approx

10,000 pants

10,000 jacket

5,000 goggles

1,000 hat

5,000 gloves

5,000 thermals

20,000 skis/board+bindings

10,000 boots

4,000 lift pass

=

70,000 each person

(and you know thats the price of just a persons skis in a lot of cases)

multiply that by the howevermany thousand of people there. Wow.

I spend wads of money on skiing but once youve got stuff its cheap. I was surprised by the amount of money left in my acct with payday Fir - just been riding, chu-hai-ing, onsening and mooching. doesnt cost much and its better for me than going on a bender in Tokyo in the weekends instead

too much for too little time on the slopes.

ive completely kitted myself up this year with new stuff. so thats been really expensive.

its disgusting the "worth" of the average snowboarders kit on the slopes. more so in j-land than everywhere else i suspect too.

Quote:
Originally posted by Zwelgen
10,000 pants
10,000 jacket
5,000 goggles
1,000 hat
5,000 gloves
5,000 thermals
20,000 skis/board+bindings
10,000 boots
My numbers personally differ: (converted to Yen to make it easier)

28,000 pants
32,000 jacket
25,000 goggles
5,000 hat(s)
15,000 gloves
10,000 thermals
15,000 board (hook up)
0 bindings
0 boots
10,000 Helmet
70,000 Season passes (2 places)

Add at least 30,000 if I wanted to get back country outfitted (which I do want, but just haven't yet done).

I'd really rather not think about things like gas, lift tickets where I don't have a pass, food, etc.

BTW: Worth every freakin penny. I would pay double if it was necessary to find something I love as much as I love to snowboard.